Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Oscar Michelen Hits Back Against Conrad-Scherer Extortion Letter (HAN Lawyer)  (Read 10530 times)

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
Attorney Oscar Michelen authorized me to upload and share one of his Defense Letters against Conrad-Scherer who represents Hawaiian Art Network.  This is going to be another bad day for Glen Carner who coincidentally took the day off from the ELI Forums.

Oscar loves showing me his latest work because I appreciate the art of what he does. I think our audience is sophisticated enough to appreciate it also.

This particular Defense Letter is unusual in that it includes a a copy of a current pending HAN lawsuit

http://www.scribd.com/doc/96088792/Oscar-Michelen-Responds-to-Conrad-Scherer-Demand-Letter-HAN

I think Oscar deserves kudos for publicly sharing this. 
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 07:53:44 PM by Matthew Chan »
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Mulligan

• View Profile
Re: Oscar Michelen Hits Back Against Conrad-Scherer Extortion Letter
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 07:51:32 PM »
Oscar, thanks for sharing this letter. Great reading. Matt, thanks for posting.

stinger

• View Profile
Very nice letter Oscar.  And thanks for publishing it Matt.

I think this shows the  value of the Letter program to anyone looking at the program and trying to decide if that is the proper way to proceed.

Extortion-Victim-No Longer

• Fighting Extortion
    • View Profile
Very nice letter Oscar.  And thanks for publishing it Matt.

I think this shows the  value of the Letter program to anyone looking at the program and trying to decide if that is the proper way to proceed.

Second that!
Kim

Moe Hacken

• We have not yet begun to hack
    • View Profile
I particularly LOVE this part:

"Demand is hereby made that your clients or your firm on their behalf affirmately state that the image involved in this case was not intentionally seeded onto "free wallpaper" or "free image" websites as part of the scam described in the counterclaim in Aloha Plastic Surgery.

In other words, let's see you chug that Kool Aid pitcher if you really mean what you say.

This letter is poetry in (legal) motion.
I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
You should frame that letter and hang it on the wall, it's a work of art Oscar!  :)
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

April Brown (AuctionApril)

• View Profile
    • AprilBrown.com
Now I know why people need to just donate $200 to Oscar and get it over with. I wish I had known about Oscar in January.

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
It's not a "donation". It's a fee for a legal service.  Oscar might be offended if people refer to his fees for legal services as "donations".  :-)

Now I know why people need to just donate $200 to Oscar and get it over with. I wish I had known about Oscar in January.
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
Thank you Matt for clarifying that I do not receive "donations" (nor do I receive any part of the donations people make to keep this site going).  I receive legal fees for services rendered.

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
People do need to know that you "volunteer" your time as time permits to make forum posts, replies, and the videos. But Oscar absolutely does not get any of the ELI Contributions. ELI Contributions comes to the bank account that is dedicated tracking online projects of which ELI is a part of.

Thank you Matt for clarifying that I do not receive "donations" (nor do I receive any part of the donations people make to keep this site going).  I receive legal fees for services rendered.

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
I think people should also know that I sometimes bust my ass doing research and graphics, but I get paid much more in satisfaction than money could ever provide!

People do need to know that you "volunteer" your time as time permits to make forum posts, replies, and the videos. But Oscar absolutely does not get any of the ELI Contributions. ELI Contributions comes to the bank account that is dedicated tracking online projects of which ELI is a part of.

Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
Oops, I didn't meant to leave you out here. But I figured with the huge pay and benefits you get from ELI, what more could a guy want?   ;)

I think people should also know that I sometimes bust my ass doing research and graphics, but I get paid much more in satisfaction than money could ever provide!

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
We wouldn't know half of what was going on without your intelligence reports, Buddhapi!!

S.G.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.