Retired Forums > Hawaiian Letters & Lawsuits Forum

Popular Local radio Station ~ HAN & VKT

(1/3) > >>

Extortion-Victim-No Longer:
Same image used - town next door...I went to listen to my local popular radio station online a few days ago and to my surprise, well not really, the first thing I noticed was their use of one of VKT's images - promoting a win a trip to Hawaii contest...I then felt compelled to warn them that using one of VKT images (the same image I fell into the trap over) was probably not a wise move considering they probably had no idea...I showed them a copy of my demand letter & they took down the image the same day, even though they were under the impression that they could use it...The letter shocked them so much so that they decided not to use an image at all!

Jerry Witt (mcfilms):
Would be GREAT if they could do the community a solid and have their news department follow up and report on it. Maybe you could ask them? There are plenty of people that would be happy to talk to them. I'm also pretty sure you could get someone from HAN to share their side of the story.

Peeved:

--- Quote from: mcfilms on January 28, 2012, 01:58:14 PM ---Would be GREAT if they could do the community a solid and have their news department follow up and report on it. Maybe you could ask them? There are plenty of people that would be happy to talk to them. I'm also pretty sure you could get someone from HAN to share their side of the story.

--- End quote ---

I was thinking the same thing. A story would be great!

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi):
I would definately approach them and thier news dept. about this!

Extortion-Victim-No Longer:
No doubt! I'm surprised they didn't already ask me but then again I spoke with the webmaster of their website...It just goes to show you that VKT's images are mistakenly being used all over the globe. I highly doubt our successful local radio station would have willingly infringed. Also, they hired someone to do up the "win a free trip to Hawaii' photo. Think twice when hiring outside help for your website requirements.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version