Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Vincent K Tylor no longer using Copyright Services International  (Read 6668 times)

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Vincent K Tylor no longer using Copyright Services International
« on: December 21, 2012, 10:50:25 AM »
    I've reached out to Glen Carner owner of Hawaiian Art network and Copyright Services International via email, below are excerpts of my initial email as well as an excerpt of his reply.

From Me
"First and foremost, we have received reports/documentation of new letters from Copyright Services International, which we know is your company, let me be the first to commend you on what appears to be a much more civil approach with your letters in terms of the content as well as the amount. In my opinion this is a step in the right direction."

the above statement is in regards to the last letter we saw, demanding 250.00 per image, which I personally hope will become the norm, as it is much more reasonable in my eyes..thos there is some improvements that can be made to his newest program.

http://www.extortionletterinfo.com/forum/getty-images-letter-forum/copyright-services-international-is-back-again/

More of my Email to Glen Carner
"....there has been some recent discussion within the forums and in the absence of anything factual, we are pretty much stating our opinions as what we believe to be true...with that being said, we have documentation concerning I believe 2 instances of letters concerning Vincent Tylor, strangely (perhaps) there is no mention of HAN , yourself or Copyright Services International. Has HAN and VK Tylor gone their separate ways following the settlement of the Aloha Plastic Surgery Case? I am of the opinion that perhaps CSI has indeed changed it's ways in asking for reasonable amounts, but that perhaps Tylor does not agree to this?..

Glen Carners Response

"Hello Robert,
Thank you for contacting me directly and giving me the chance to be accurate about these matters.  HAN is no longer identifying new cases of online copyright infringement after July 1st, 2012 for all photographers. 

Also, Mr. Tylor is not affiliated with or a client of Copyright Services International which is incorrectly stated at http://www.extortionletterinfo.com/forum/getty-images-letter-forum/ongoing-list-of-copyright-trolling-firms-and-those-associated-with-them/  I am happy to hear you appreciate our changes, and would appreciate it in return if you removed his name under CSI from that list.  Thank you.

My comments

• It "appears" that Glen Carner and CSI have taken a different approach to copyright "enforcement"
[li]It seems as if Vincent k Tylor and Hawaiian Art Network are still working together in terms of "selling images"
[/li][/list]

I have edited the post Glen Carner references, and have given Vincent K Tylor his very own entry as copyright troll and removed his name from being associated with CSI..

I'm interested to hear others thoughts on this, I certainly have my own theories as to why Tylor is not associated with CSI and why he now uses attorney Street to send his letters.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 08:26:26 PM by Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi) »
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
Re: Vincent k Tylor no longer associated with Copyright Services International
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 11:17:17 AM »
Great job Robert on reaching out to Mr. Carner and kudos to Mr. Carner for responding.  I too think that what he is doing is most certainly a step in the right direction and I commend him for being the first that I have seen to do it.

I will say that if I had received a letter like that from Getty even though I still would not have agreeded with it at all I would have most likely paid it instead of starting as Stinger says my war to end all wars with Getty ;)
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Copyright Services International Correction
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 10:22:00 AM »
Received a follow-up email from Glen Carner, setting me straight in my post.

"Hello Robert,

I just saw the recent post.  First off, Mr. Tylor has never been part of CSI.  "No longer" in the title is inaccurate.  Second, HAN has every intention of following up with copyright matters in our charge including
those of Mr. Tylor.

While CSI is clearly going in another direction, HAN will continue its effort to compensate our artists for their infringements.  That said, HAN is no longer identifying new cases of copyright infringement for any of our
photographers.

Sincerely,
Glen Carner
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
Re: Vincent K Tylor no longer using Copyright Services International
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 12:25:35 PM »
Kindly "Uncle Glen" is gonna steal our Christmas presents one way or another...!

S.G.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.