Retired Forums > Hawaiian Letters & Lawsuits Forum

Vincent K Tylor rears his ugly troll head...again

(1/4) > >>

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi):
From Facebook:

My company received a letter from J. Stephen Street in regards to the law suit with Vincent K. Tylor and Vincent Scott Tylor images. We have been accused of using their images with their consent and have been sued for an ungodly amount of money. The images that were used were from "free" wall paper sites. A majority of the images we have been accused of using are found through our Pinterest account. All the images that they are accusing of us using have been "repined" through another user. Are they going after that person too? All of the images that are associated with my company have no watermark, have no copyright information, have nothing to indicate that this photo has been registered to a photographer. Upon receiving the papers, we have removed all of the images that we are being accused of using. What we would like to know is, is there a class action law suit against this photographer?

I've invited the poster of this to the forums..this is all I have, and I'm curious if a suit has been filed, guess i'll be going into PACER afterall!

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi):
There does not appear to be any new suits filed by Vincent K Tylor, but it just dawned on me after re-reading my post that copyright troll Vincent K Tylor is teaching his son the ways of trolling.. His images also appear on FREE wallpaper sites.. I'm going to try to confirm whether or not Glen Carner of Hawaiian Art Network and Vincent K Tylor have gone separate ways. I hope this poster from FB visits the forum and shares her letter with us to shed more light on this..

Also we have a mention of Pinterest, knew it was just a matter of time, it's gonna be open season before long.

Greg Troy (KeepFighting):
I remember SG talking about Pinterest trying to block PicScout awhile back, it is in my file of stories I wanted to watch and follow up on.  That list is getting way to big :)  I have wondered about pinterest for a while now, I do not use it.  Can anyone tell me when you "Pin" images are you copying it to your board or are you just linking it like here on the forums?  If the images are just linked I don't think the people who pin have much to worry about.  If the links are traced back to the people where the images are linked from that could be another matter…

http://www.extortionletterinfo.com/forum/getty-images-letter-forum/pinterest-blocks-getty%27s-picscout-infringement-bot/

--- Quote from: Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi) on December 15, 2012, 07:31:18 AM ---There does not appear to be any new suits filed by Vincent K Tylor, but it just dawned on me after re-reading my post that copyright troll Vincent K Tylor is teaching his son the ways of trolling.. His images also appear on FREE wallpaper sites.. I'm going to try to confirm whether or not Glen Carner of Hawaiian Art Network and Vincent K Tylor have gone separate ways. I hope this poster from FB visits the forum and shares her letter with us to shed more light on this..

Also we have a mention of Pinterest, knew it was just a matter of time, it's gonna be open season before long.

--- End quote ---

Mulligan:
Greg, some images I pinned for a client were saved like this...

http://media-cache-ec3.pinterest.com/upload/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.jpg

Is this a field of easy pickings for the copyright trolls?

Greg Troy (KeepFighting):
Mulligan, I get a 403 Forbidden when I click the link.

--- Quote from: Mulligan on December 15, 2012, 02:07:44 PM ---Greg, some images I pinned for a client were saved like this...

http://media-cache-ec3.pinterest.com/upload/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.jpg

Is this a field of easy pickings for the copyright trolls?

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version