Retired Forums > Hawaiian Letters & Lawsuits Forum

Vincent K Tylor strikes again

<< < (2/6) > >>

lucia:
I was also wondering about getting the venue moved to Vermont.  I don't know anything about jurisdiction, but it seems odd for this to be heard in California.  It ought to be inconvenient for everyone all around.

Greg Troy (KeepFighting):
Very good article Peggy. please keep us posted.

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi):
I thnk the venue issue will be an uphill battle for Tylor.. facebook may be located in california, but they are covered by DMCA and they also have servers all over the world much like google..who's to to say this this image was even on a server in california??

Matthew Chan:
The Vermont Reformer newspaper called me for an interview about VKT and copyright extortion in general.  I had plenty to say.

--- Quote from: Peggyfara on June 05, 2014, 11:01:02 AM ---Thanks for your support everyone.  We are working several avenues.  Unfortunately this is looking like it's going to be a long, drawn-out process.  If anyone would like to share evidence that VKT submitted photos to one of these websites please contact me at Peggy@VermontWoodsStudios.com

Not in my wildest dreams would I ever imagine myself fighting a battle like this.  So helpful to have your support.  Thanks again!

--- End quote ---

Peeved:
Article stated that, "I immediately took the photo down and called VKT to explain," wrote Farabaugh.

That statement and "immediate action" along with back and forth negotiations, shows the alleged infringement was NOT "willful"! YET...after trying to extort her for $12,000, UP from the original $9,500, VKT filed a $150,000 lawsuit shortly thereafter...the MAXIMUM AMOUNT allowed for "WILLFUL" infringement!

I am thinking of a few selective adjectives here!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version