Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Vincent K. Tylor vs. Vermont Woods Studios - Round 2  (Read 21224 times)

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Re: Vincent K. Tylor vs. Vermont Woods Studios - Round 2
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2014, 12:50:39 PM »
generally speaking, when there is a settlement or a judgement, there is a confidentiality clause included, hence you get no response.
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

JLorimer

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2014, 07:41:57 AM »
I assumed that. I guess I was hoping at least one or two would just confirm, "yes, we did settle"

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2014, 09:14:42 AM »
only way we're getting anything confirmed is if we see it in a docket search @ PACER, but we most likelt wouldn't get any details beyond that.
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

JLorimer

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2014, 03:28:40 PM »
What does a document on a docket search generally say if a case was settled out of court? If a case is dropped by the plaintiff and it is dismissed with prejudice is that generally considered a sign of a settlement?

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2014, 04:23:52 AM »
Legal ignorance by victims is epidemic. They are perfectly allowed to say they settled but not "allowed" to disclose the terms of settlement. To be fair, some victims do communicate behind the scenes (and a number of victims have confided in me over the years).  But, no offense, they aren't going to communicate with a total stranger.

There is a lot of secrecy going on and I have been at the forefront of making known as much as possible the best I can.  Unfortunately, some of the information I have cannot be revealed online without inadvertently giving away the identity of the person who provides me such information.

On behalf of the victims, they don't want any more grief but rest assured they are not happy about being silent but they are being cautious and they don't want any more energy or time suck. They also don't know who they can trust.

I assumed that. I guess I was hoping at least one or two would just confirm, "yes, we did settle"
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 04:34:10 AM by Matthew Chan »
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2014, 04:33:29 AM »
I have never spoken to Aloha Plastic Surgery but I would cut him a break and give him the benefit of the doubt here.  Unfortunately, he has the distinction on ELI of being the only defendant I know that took the fight back to the Hawaiian "team" which ended with a settlement that Aloha appeared be satisfied with.  Because of this, I think he is probably getting more uninvited calls and emails over VKT matters than he would prefer.  The number of VKT victims are getting larger in number and his reputation is only getting more notorious.  With greater notoriety, people come flocking to ELI and learn about VKT but also learn about Aloha Plastic Surgery.  And I can tell everyone from personal experience, people have no reservations on ringing someone's phone if they need and want information.  They are well-intended but the person receiving random calls regard it as uninvited, unwelcome, and sometimes even disruptive to a workday.

That happened with Aloha Plastic Surgery.  That guy was wanting all kinds of information, really active then suddenly he was gone and got all short and rude responding to a status check.  Used everyone for information and then couldn't be bothered to even be polite and say "thanks for checking and for your time, sorry but I can't talk about it."
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Robert

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2014, 11:03:22 AM »
I understand that but I helped him a great deal, took time out of my schedule to do so, send him info that helped his case I am quite sure, and agreed to be on his witness list.  So I just thought he might take 5 minutes to call me back at least and say thanks for your help sorry but I can't talk about it. 

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2014, 10:02:33 PM »
Did you identify yourself appropriately to him? Did he know your name?  Or did he think you were another random victim?

I understand that but I helped him a great deal, took time out of my schedule to do so, send him info that helped his case I am quite sure, and agreed to be on his witness list.  So I just thought he might take 5 minutes to call me back at least and say thanks for your help sorry but I can't talk about it.

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2014, 09:31:46 PM »
Just to answer a question in the above posts, when a case settles Federally, normally a stipulation of discontinuance or stipulation of withdrawal is filed withdrawing the complaint or discontinuing the action.  A telling sign is that all of a sudden without any motion made or judgment entered, the case is discontinued by the parties. Often judges will then seal the matter if the parties ask for that so its hard to know when a case is settled exactly but if you are following it on PACER and all of a sudden its sealed and closed, that usually means it settled. 

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.