Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Copyright troll Photog Sadowski lawyer slapped with $10K bond demand  (Read 9954 times)

kingkendall

• View Profile
JSN is giving copyright troll Christopher Sadowski all he can handle. 

order Order on Motion for Reconsideration  Mon 10:57 AM 
 ORDER denying18 Motion for Reconsideration: Accordingly, Plaintiff's motion for reconsideration or reargument, [dkt. no. 18], is denied. This Order constitutes a resolution to the motion for reconsideration. Therefore, as this Court directed previously [dkt. no. 25], Plaintiff shall post a bond no later than ten days from today in an amount not less than $10,000 in order to proceed with the action. (Signed by Judge Loretta A. Preska on 12/3/2018) (jwh)

https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/case/23729445/Sadowski_v_JSN_Global_Media,_LLC

icepick

• View Profile
Re: Copyright troll Photog Sadowski lawyer slapped with $10K bond demand
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 10:45:46 AM »
Nice. Is there a summary of this case somewhere other than Pacer? Where did the bond requirement come from?

kingkendall

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 01:47:34 PM »
This is an order by the presiding judge not liking the antics of the copyright lawyer.  It wasn't the first time he got nailed.   

Ethan Seven

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 12:22:18 AM »
I am not sure I would say the plaintiff is getting all they can handle.  Plaintiff  might not care or even know.

However, plaintiff’s attorney has major problems and, to probably nobody’s surprise, that attorney is Richard Liebowitz.  The ruling on this motion is quite extraordinary.  It shows a few things.

1.  That judge appears to be on a growing list of judges who do not like Richard  Liebowitz. 

2.  Opposing attorneys would be smart to file similar motions in every one of his cases.   Requiring him or his clients to post a bond is a big hassle and might even cause some of his clients to hesitate to litigate.

3.  At some point, attorneys working for The Liebowitz Law Firm may question that decision.   

I am reading a rather long motion for attorneys fees against one of Liebowitz’s clients.    If he loses it and the defendant gets even one half of the amount they are requesting, it will certainly make news.  I will post a note about it when I am done reading it and the reply. 
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 12:28:27 AM by Ethan Seven »
Even if I am a lawyer, I am not your lawyer.  Copyright matters can have serious consequences.  If you have assets worth protecting, consult a lawyer who is familiar with copyright law and who can review the facts of your case. If you cannot afford one, call your state or county bar association.

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 09:47:58 PM »
Some of the documents are available here.

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/6585383/sadowski-v-jsn-global-media-llc/

Nice. Is there a summary of this case somewhere other than Pacer? Where did the bond requirement come from?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 09:49:53 PM by Matthew Chan »
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.