Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Higbee client's lawsuit/ Failed settlement over confidentiality clause  (Read 14594 times)

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
Re: Higbee client's lawsuit/ Failed settlement over confidentiality clause
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2017, 07:16:14 PM »
What is this photo? The URL indicates it is Twitter related? If it is, that must be a photo from many years ago.

My guess is this image link won't be active for very long. And she probably doesn't own the copyright of that photo of her laying down. Lots of dark red in that photo. It looks like it might have been taken by a professional photographer. Her face seems airbrushed.

Egos on parade.. Naomi thinks shes model material too..

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/755244758/l_685d175318689233f579d353461a0409.jpg
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 07:20:59 PM by Matthew Chan »
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

icepick

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2017, 07:24:20 PM »
That's awesome lol.

The Higbee & Associates website certainly posts LARGE photos of their lawyers!

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/755244758/l_685d175318689233f579d353461a0409.jpg

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2017, 08:20:47 PM »
simple image search...one of these days one of these young bimbo lawyers will be found to have some nudies floating around.
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

clist

• On your side
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2017, 09:24:33 PM »

The Higbee & Associates website certainly posts LARGE photos of their lawyers!

🤣🤣🤣 LMAO!
Knowledge isn't free - you have to pay attention.

icepick

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2017, 10:59:07 PM »
I found this which lists all the changes his operation goes through since it is almost impossible to keep track of the turnover. Looks like he started out doing bankruptcies. If you want to track people that leave their jobs check out the multiple twitter accounts they have, they list jobs there. One copyright case manager only lasted a few months before they were hiring the same job again.

https://www.matchdeck.com/company-monitor/company/10289439/profile

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2017, 01:49:56 PM »
Can't really see anything without registering for an account. However, the information you have to give to register for an account is too invasive for my taste.

I found this which lists all the changes his operation goes through since it is almost impossible to keep track of the turnover. Looks like he started out doing bankruptcies. If you want to track people that leave their jobs check out the multiple twitter accounts they have, they list jobs there. One copyright case manager only lasted a few months before they were hiring the same job again.

I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

icepick

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2017, 01:52:23 PM »
Interesting, the info was visible on an ipad but it does seem to be blocked off on a desktop browser.

Can't really see anything without registering for an account. However, the information you have to give to register for an account is too invasive for my taste.

david brown

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2017, 02:52:00 PM »
Thank you to all of your forum members for their interest in this case.  Please don't be jealous of my aol account.  I may change it someday.  Yes I have an account through my law firm, but this started out as such a petty matter, I thought it would wrap up, used my old aol, and well, here I am.  I do not have a great deal of time to use the forum, but want to support an active community fighting these lawsuits.  Yes, they had my client's check in their possession.  In fact, my client signed their release and returned, it, correcting some errors, and drawing a line through confidentiality clause (which is almost undoubtedly unenforceable anyway).  They returned the check and filed suit.  Ironically, they have undermined the confidentiality they claim to seek in a manner which cannot be undone.  Interesting to see what the Federal Court will think of that.  I will certainly do a FRCP rule 68 offer immediately after responding.  I think that showing the public what goes on here is important not just for this one case, but for an "extrajudicial business model" driven by dishonest representations of legal repercussions to the primarily innocent infringers whom have inadvertently been misled, sometimes by the photographers themselves or those acting their behalves.  Yes, I am the defense attorney in this case.  Yes, I am fine with public scrutiny of what I have done.  My client has done nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed of, either in innocently posting what he reasonably believed was an image in public domain, or in offering to settle for $1000, more than the case should be valued at.

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2017, 03:09:16 PM »
David,

Thank you for your public comment here. It helps us A LOT to understand why the hell this lawsuit even happened? It is just plain stupid of Naomi in light of the additional information you have provided.

I also agree there is a concerted effort to squelch information in any way they can. We expose a lot of shenanigans by reading between the lines and gathering intelligence from ELI members and victims. We try to get it right but we sometimes have to make educated guesses in the absence of hard core information and verification.

ELI exists for the very reason you say. The public needs to know.  This copyright extortion operation has become a "thing" for the last decade. And there are new victims every day. This stuff just never goes away. It keeps growing like a cancer. 

The amounts they are asking in the demand letters to settle claims for are extortionate amounts in my opinion and that is why there continues to be the outrage.

P.S. Glad you have a sense of humor about your AOL account! ;)

Thank you to all of your forum members for their interest in this case.  Please don't be jealous of my aol account.  I may change it someday.  Yes I have an account through my law firm, but this started out as such a petty matter, I thought it would wrap up, used my old aol, and well, here I am.  I do not have a great deal of time to use the forum, but want to support an active community fighting these lawsuits.  Yes, they had my client's check in their possession.  In fact, my client signed their release and returned, it, correcting some errors, and drawing a line through confidentiality clause (which is almost undoubtedly unenforceable anyway).  They returned the check and filed suit.  Ironically, they have undermined the confidentiality they claim to seek in a manner which cannot be undone.  Interesting to see what the Federal Court will think of that.  I will certainly do a FRCP rule 68 offer immediately after responding.  I think that showing the public what goes on here is important not just for this one case, but for an "extrajudicial business model" driven by dishonest representations of legal repercussions to the primarily innocent infringers whom have inadvertently been misled, sometimes by the photographers themselves or those acting their behalves.  Yes, I am the defense attorney in this case.  Yes, I am fine with public scrutiny of what I have done.  My client has done nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed of, either in innocently posting what he reasonably believed was an image in public domain, or in offering to settle for $1000, more than the case should be valued at.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 03:11:22 PM by Matthew Chan »

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2017, 04:26:36 PM »
Interesting, the info was visible on an ipad but it does seem to be blocked off on a desktop browser.

can we get some screen shots?
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

icepick

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2017, 04:52:04 PM »
Give them hell Dave. I don't see how they didn't just waste $400 of their client's money on this little exercise. Higbee might not care, but his client should.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.