Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Higbee Demand Letter for news article  (Read 5328 times)

ccmike

• View Profile
Higbee Demand Letter for news article
« on: February 10, 2019, 09:50:29 PM »
Received a demand letter from Higbee related to a picture that was embedded in an article I received from a friend about 1.5 years ago and re-posted. I explained to the clerk I contacted via email that the article was a synopsis of a news feature that my friend was airing on his podcast. The article was not mine. The alleged copyright infringement was related to a photo my friend embedded. I merely re-posted the article. Didn’t matter to Higbee. I removed the picture but told Higbee I wasn’t paying them anything. I am wandering how long these email threats will continue before they move on? Anyone have any experience with a similar situation?

ccmike

• View Profile
Re: Higbee Demand Letter for news article
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 08:28:42 AM »
The situation seems to have escalated. Mr. Higbee himself emailed stating he was willing to settle for a reasonable amount.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.