Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Jousting Windmills  (Read 5211 times)

DrumGuy23

• View Profile
Jousting Windmills
« on: February 08, 2018, 12:05:37 AM »
Just as Don Quixote jousted windmills, I've decided to do the same thing. I wrote up my threats from Higbee so far, along with my story and proof that I got the image from a "public domain" site, and the explanation of how many Americans are being threatened by him, and sent it to the "60 Minutes" news show tip line.
Tomorrow morning I'm making an appointment with the local District Attorney to see if there's any way that this can be construed as extortion.
Today I contacted the regional television news outlet to see if they are interested in doing a story on this scam.
I also contacted the regional newspaper for the same purpose.
In scouring the internet for stories, I've seen that Higbee has threatened people for using photos that they took themselves, and for properly attributed photos from Wikipedia Commons, among other things. They aren't examining or discriminating in their threats, so they probably include kids with their school projects, scout troops, etc. Makes for one hell of a great news story.
My next stop will be the Postal Service - if he can be seen as running a scam, that's a federal offense that has serious implications.
After that, I'm looking to the State Bar of California. If enough complaints come in, they may want to take a closer look at this character.
What will come of all this? Probably nothing. But it damn sure makes me feel good!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 12:17:07 AM by DrumGuy23 »

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Re: Jousting Windmills
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 01:14:13 PM »
Kudos! Some of these tactics have been employed before, go for it!, you never know where it's going to go, years ago we suggested filing complaints against getty with the Washington State AG, since then literally 1000's of complaints have come in, at some point the scales will tip.. Not to mention these trolls don't like the negative exposure they bring upon themselves. I can't count how many "lawyers" are no longer in this type of "work" thanks to being exposed and pushed by ELI memebers and out sometime unorthodox ways
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

clist

• On your side
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 02:48:47 PM »
Awesome.

8)

There definitely needs to be more light shed on these operations.

Knowledge isn't free - you have to pay attention.

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 09:06:17 PM »
Great job and welcome to the fight!  Please keep us posted on your progress.
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.