Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Meyer, Suozzi, English, Klein v. Mathew Higbee, Youngson, RM Media, Higbee Assoc  (Read 23813 times)

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
Here is a better link with some documents to download read.  PacerMonitor is a terrible resource.

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/7088874/meyer-suozzi-english-klein-pc-v-higbee/

It is interesting. Apparently, Nick Youngson felt the need to hire a sole practitioner lawyer to enter the case to fight the default judgment. I guess he doesn't want himself or RM Media to get hit with a default judgment despite the fact he is in the UK.

This is what happens when Youngson authorizes Higbee to file dumb lawsuits.  Some defendants do bite back in very unexpected ways. I have been saying that for years. Better be careful or else.

I cannot imagine that Youngson's new lawyer is working for free. So, SOMEONE is paying for this. My guess is that Youngson/RM Media did not count on having to spend money defending a countersuit and trying to untangle this mess they started.
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Thanks Matthew, no i don't have to into pacer...you know what happens when I get in there!!
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Ethan Seven

• View Profile
I cannot believe how slow this court is.  It might be another year before the defendants actually have to file an answer. 
Even if I am a lawyer, I am not your lawyer.  Copyright matters can have serious consequences.  If you have assets worth protecting, consult a lawyer who is familiar with copyright law and who can review the facts of your case. If you cannot afford one, call your state or county bar association.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.