Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: New RM Media Ltd / Nick Youngson Websites: WeBuyPics.com & AlphaStockImages.com  (Read 4191 times)

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
Well, it looks like Nick Youngson's honeypot operation will continue to grow.  Visit http://webuypics.com and http://AlphaStockImages.com.

Read this blurb from webuypics.com:

Sell Us Your Unused Pictures
Do you have high quality commercial pictures that you have never used, maybe left over from a shoot, where you have used a few of the images but the rest are just stored in your files never having been used then sell them to us and turn them into cash.

We buy pictures where we recognize they might have a commercial value and we offer them through our web site AlphaStockImages.com.

Ideally we are looking for pictures that have never been published, we wish to buy the copyright in the pictures so you need to be the copyright owner and be free to sell it.

To check if your pictures have a commercial value simply send them to us ideally resized to 800px wide with or without a watermark in a zip file and we will get back to you.

Gee, he wants to buy the copyright.  I wonder why?   Maybe to send out more extortion letters over new $10 images? He must be doing pretty well to be able to acquire new images from other folks.  I guess we can expect to one day see extortion letters from Higbee on behalf of "Alpha Stock Images".
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 10:49:41 AM by Matthew Chan »
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

clist

• On your side
    • View Profile
I can see this backfiring big time...

All it takes is this ending up in front of the wrong judge and *poof* the jig is up.

From what I've read, the courts (and Judges) do not like to entertain these types of "business endeavors"..
Knowledge isn't free - you have to pay attention.

icepick

• View Profile
I could have the wrong guy, but the fancy new RM Media website lists Paul Clunes as their licensing guy. One of the top results that comes up is a Paul Clunes Townsend (also in England) who may or may not be the owner of a pub. Certainly an interesting cast of characters in this operation. Higbee goes from expungement lawyer to copyright troll and pub owner goes to photo licensing guru.

https://www.facebook.com/thekingshead

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.