Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: The License Language At Alpha Stock Images  (Read 5096 times)

screwedbyhigbee

• View Profile
The License Language At Alpha Stock Images
« on: June 15, 2018, 10:26:19 AM »
My images that I got the Higbee extortion letter for all are on Alpha Stock Photos, which Youngsan refers people to use from his main website. It has the following license. Does this language not say that you can use the images without purchasing a further license or providing attribution?

"Rights Managed License

License length: 50 years

License terms.

This license grants the Licensee the right to display the image on a single website or a single social media account one or more times and the Licensee may not use the above image for any other purpose without the express consent of the Licensor.

The Licensee may resize the image and make any other alterations to the image as they see fit.

Other than being displayed on a web site the Licensee agrees that the image or any derivation of it may not be sublicensed, resold or otherwise made available by the Licensee.

No ownership, copyright or any other interest in the image shall pass to the Licensee by the issue of this Licence."

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Re: The License Language At Alpha Stock Images
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 11:07:28 AM »
correct, you do not need to show attribution for "Rights Managed" images, but you must have a valid license, and paid for the image(s) "Rights Managed" is completely different from CC license terms.. Many of his photos are available as both CC with attribution and RM.
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.