Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Welcome to the new Higbee Associates Letter & Lawsuits forum  (Read 5157 times)

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
Welcome to the new Higbee Associates Letter & Lawsuits forum
« on: December 28, 2017, 07:44:35 PM »
Nearly 3 years ago, I thought Higbee & Associates was a small player in the the copyright extortion business and they were. However, Higbee & Associates don't appear to be going anywhere. In fact, their operation has only grown larger over time.

I am generally resistant to creating a new forum because I think it can hurt the cohesiveness of a community. However, there comes a time when a more focused forum is more helpful. Many of the recent discussions revolve around demand letters and lawsuits connected to Higbee & Associates.

As such, I felt compelled to form the new Higbee Associates Letter & Lawsuits forum in preparation for 2018. We hope you will find this forum useful, insightful, and informative.

I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
Re: Welcome to the new Higbee Associates Letter & Lawsuits forum
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 11:38:41 PM »
I agree with you Matthew.  Higbee needs a forum of it's own, there are too many letters showing up from his law firm to crowd other forums.
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

needHELP

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 04:37:05 PM »
So Who should I talk to if I have a letter from these hooligans?

kingkendall

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 04:54:04 PM »
Thank you Matthew for starting a dedicated thread for Higbee and Assoc.  This law firm, if it could be called that, deserves laser focus by ELI.  Sun light is the best disinfectant and that's exactly what Higbee deserves.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.