Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Why would a plaintiff need protective order in a Copyright lawsuit?  (Read 4566 times)

kingkendall

• View Profile
Sadowski v. Jewish Voice Inc. et al

Can anybody explain this?

Docket last updated: 12 hours ago
Tuesday, July 10, 2018
14       14 9 pgs order Order on Motion for Protective Order Tue 3:45 PM  ORDER granting/endorsing13 Amended Confidentiality Stipulation and Protective Order. See Order for details. So Ordered by Magistrate Judge Cheryl L. Pollak on 7/10/2018. Blase, Brendan)

Tuesday, July 03, 2018
13       13 motion Protective Order Tue 7:14 PM
Amended MOTION for Protective Order by Christopher Sadowski. (Ngo, Rayminh)

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
i'll try to get some time to go into pacer to look at the supporting documents. My guess it's more for confidentiality, than "protection"
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Ethan Seven

• View Profile
Protective orders are pretty common in civil litigation.   The FRCP gives parties the ability to seek discovery on anything that could lead to relevant information.   However, courts are also willing to grant reasonable orders to protect a wide range of things from trade secrets to personal identifying information, such as social security number or bank account numbers that might appear on discoverable documents. It could be a hundred different things.
Even if I am a lawyer, I am not your lawyer.  Copyright matters can have serious consequences.  If you have assets worth protecting, consult a lawyer who is familiar with copyright law and who can review the facts of your case. If you cannot afford one, call your state or county bar association.

Ethan Seven

• View Profile
It also looks like the parties/attorneys are playing nice.  The Defendant stipulated to the request.  Smart.
Even if I am a lawyer, I am not your lawyer.  Copyright matters can have serious consequences.  If you have assets worth protecting, consult a lawyer who is familiar with copyright law and who can review the facts of your case. If you cannot afford one, call your state or county bar association.

kingkendall

• View Profile
Shucks!  I was hoping the protective order meant the defendant sent some boys over to the photog's house and give him an offer he couldn't refuse to drop the lawsuit. :)

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.