Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: $180 art textbook is devoid of pictures thanks to absurd copyright standard  (Read 2357 times)

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
The textbook in question is a required purchase for a course entitled "Global Visual and Material Culture, Prehistory to 1800." Any art that would appear in that book would be public domain — it's all over 212 years old at this point, after all. Still, since the book's publisher could not get clearance to use the pictures from Stokstad and Drucker Images, a decision was made to print the incredibly expensive art book without pictures of any kind. Students who purchase the book are instead given access to a web resource for viewing the art that should have appeared on the book's pages.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/technology-blog/180-art-textbook-devoid-pictures-thanks-absurd-copyright-214921172.html
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.