Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: "Dating Naked" contestant sues for not blurring her vagina and anus  (Read 8453 times)

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
Yes, this is very real and unbelievable. She goes on to the show knowing she will be naked on national TV but she is upset because of a brief second that her vagina and anus is showing.

http://nypost.com/2014/08/20/dating-naked-cast-member-sues-after-crotch-blur-fail/

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/08/21/dating-naked-lawsuit/

The alleged non-blurring can be shown here.

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/90556128.html

« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 02:39:56 PM by Matthew Chan »
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Re: "Dating Naked" contestant sues for not blurring her vagina and anus
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 08:42:39 AM »
gotta love that one tweet... they showed her "whole" vagina...yeah leave it to me..or is that leave it to beaver??.... : )
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 12:13:54 AM »
 :o

gotta love that one tweet... they showed her "whole" vagina...yeah leave it to me..or is that leave it to beaver??.... : )
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 02:11:32 AM »
I was thinking of you when I posted this story. I knew you would grab on to it so to speak....   ;)

I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 08:12:43 AM »

I was thinking of you when I posted this story. I knew you would grab on to it so to speak....   ;)

Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

lucia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 12:14:10 PM »
I have some sympathy for her. But it's rather limited.  I do hope she got a guarantee in writing and that she is awarded some damages. These shows do need to honor their contractual obligations.  Also: potentially, shows of this type gain viewership if there are no adverse consequences to mistakes, they have little incentive to be more careful.

She added that the show cost her a “budding relationship” with a man she had been seeing for a month.

“He never called me again after the show aired. I would have hoped we could have had a long-term relationship. He was employed, Jewish, in his 30s and that’s pretty much ideal,” Nizewitz said.

The show may have cost her that. But it may have cost her that without the unauthorized showing of vag. Lots of guys would not want ot date a woman who appears on this sort of show. Other guys wouldn't mind, or would think it was a plug. But this guy may be in the first category.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 05:48:57 PM »
Lucia said "vag"...I'm sorry I just find this whole thing humorous..then again I still find farts pretty funny too.
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

lucia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 07:09:24 PM »
Would you have preferred vajayjay?

stinger

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 07:46:30 PM »
I like vijay jay, but I think that was copyrighted by the show "two and a half men"

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2014, 09:15:06 AM »
Vajayjay only implies if you are referencing one from India.

Robert Krausankas

lucia

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2014, 10:00:20 AM »
I thought it applied to anyone who used "Vajazzle".

But stoppit!! We are getting away from my substantive points here!!!!!  DAMMIT!  ( Not that I think we are going to get back on track.  But substantive points are
a: With respect to tort law, she may have a valid complaint. If there was breech of contract and the show revealed more than contractually permitted, the courts should do something about that.  Some financial remedy might be justifiable. If she was sloppy and didn't get it in writing, people going on these shows need to become more contract savvy.
b: I'm a bit skeptical about claims of huge amounts of huge amounts emotional distress.  I imagine there is some.
c: Budding relationship guy might have dumped her anyway.  I doubt his dumping her is due to error on the part of the shows producers.
)

Equally substantive point: What motivated Matt to post this in the first place?  Does he want to discuss the possible legal issues around the possible breech of contract issue that involves revealing more of this woman's naked body than she agreed to? Or not?

stinger

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2014, 03:33:53 PM »
I'm not sure but I think Matt was interested in whether the "naked shots" were copyrighted or not.  Something about a project that might embarass our favorite Washington state attorney.  Or was that my idea ????

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2014, 03:55:16 PM »
This was just one of those legal things that jumped out as being a little on the weird side...so Matthew posted about it. I'm sure he knew where I would go with it, and he probably knew that some (Lucia) would bring valid points to the table..I'll try to behave as best I can..squirrel!!!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 11:25:36 PM by Matthew Chan »

Robert Krausankas

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2014, 11:24:51 PM »
She filed a lawsuit against the producers over a matter that you don't hear about. That is what was interesting to me. She agrees to be fully naked on the show but she thinks that one quick peep shot hurt her reputation?  I would saying agreeing to be naked on the show regardless has its own sets of issues and challenges.

Equally substantive point: What motivated Matt to post this in the first place?  Does he want to discuss the possible legal issues around the possible breech of contract issue that involves revealing more of this woman's naked body than she agreed to? Or not?

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.