Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Another Lawyer Feeding Frenzy  (Read 3079 times)

Mulligan

• View Profile
Another Lawyer Feeding Frenzy
« on: May 25, 2012, 05:35:06 PM »
Matt, please delete this topic if it's too far off the ELI themes, but I thought to add a link to an article I just read about the lawyers circling for a feeding frenzy over the recent Facebook IPO. There's an interesting story at...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/25/us-facebook-lawyers-idUSBRE84O14Z20120525

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
Re: Another Lawyer Feeding Frenzy
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 03:06:20 PM »
Good article, I know it’s a somewhat different situation but I think Getty will face similar problems with lawyers circling if they go public, not as a result of glitches but from their trolling activities.  A good line from the article Getty should think about before going public was:

“If you're Facebook, you're making a list of all the regulators you have to deal with, and identifying some you want to deal with more quickly than others," Garber said.

I think Getty might have a lot to deal with if they went public and opened up their books for all to see.
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
Re: Another Lawyer Feeding Frenzy
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 05:37:15 AM »
This forum is specifically for interesting miscellaneous legal cases and controversies.  No problems on what you posted. Feel free to continue on.
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.