Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Copyright Controversy of the Year?  (Read 5520 times)

Mulligan

• View Profile
Copyright Controversy of the Year?
« on: July 15, 2017, 05:35:42 PM »
I'm going to drop out of lurk mode for a moment to share a link that I know some of my buddies here on the forum will enjoy reading as much as I did:

https://petapixel.com/2017/07/14/photographer-broke-due-copyright-lawsuit-monkey/

Due to lack of time, I did not initiate a Kickstarter campaign for this poor photographer, but, mercy, I was tempted. I mean, honestly, given how many times the image in question has been shared on the web the photographer should be compensated with enough bananas to last for life.

As a teaser, here's a quote from the article that motivated me to share this link: ā€œIā€™m bewildered at the American court system. Surely it matters that the right monkey is suing me.ā€

You just can't make this stuff up when it comes to copyright law in the digital age, eh? :)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 05:41:48 PM by Mulligan »

stinger

• View Profile
Re: Copyright Controversy of the Year?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 11:50:42 AM »
Thanks for posting.  I hope we don't see Getty trying to collect on those monkey photos in the future.

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Re: Copyright Controversy of the Year?
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 03:49:24 PM »
Holy smokes it's Mulligan!! I think I just shat myself! Glad to see you buddy, how's the wifey?
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.