Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Copyright Trolls Everywhere!  (Read 5636 times)

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Copyright Trolls Everywhere!
« on: January 06, 2012, 04:55:28 PM »
Origami Creators Sue Artist For Copyright Infringement Concerning Crease Patterns

Wow. Via Joy Garnett, we discover the latest in a long line of ridiculous copyright lawsuits. Apparently six "origami artists" have sued painter Sarah Morris for using their origami patterns as inspiration for some paintings she did.

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20110507/01344914197/origami-creators-sue-artist-copyright-infringement-concerning-crease-patterns.shtml

further proof that anyone can sue anybody for any reason!
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Mulligan

• View Profile
Re: Copyright Trolls Everywhere!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 09:53:19 AM »
I'm wondering how the trolls tracked down those derivative paintings. Boy, the internet sure isn't the wonderful place it used to be... paranoids with websites have to be chewing off their fingernails if they're not 100% positive every word and every image on their sites is 100% original work that they did.

Katerina

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 02:02:53 PM »
If SOPA and PIPA go through, this will be only the beginning of a nightmare. It seems to me like this.

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 04:20:53 PM »
Hopefully they are both dead in the water, we shall find out next week, yesterday was a very big day, as 35 supporters flip-flopped and now oppose..although we all know money talks and you can bet that these huge movie / recording companies will be throwing more $$ in the pool to gain some back. 
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Little BigHorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 01:59:21 AM »
Judge’s opinion: Mass p2p lawsuits are frivolous Posted: October 6, 2011 in Court documents, Defense, Victories :

http://fightcopyrighttrolls.com/2011/10/06/judge%E2%80%99s-opinion-mass-p2p-lawsuits-are-frivolous/

Mulligan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 09:52:19 AM »
This quote from the cited site ("Defendant strikes back" article) summarizes the attitude quite a few of us on ELI have about the copyright trolls:

Righthaven fell apart not by itself, and not even because of “good” or “wise” judges. Messing with wrong people is what predicated its downfall, messing with people who have dignity and do not succumb to frivolous threats, who are ready to fight back.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.