Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Flickr teams with Pinterest, releases share button for proper photo attribution  (Read 3717 times)

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Flickr and Pinterest have teamed up to provide photo-pinners with a simple tool for inspired sharing.

Tuesday, Flickr released a share to Pinterest button that will ensure all pinners past and present properly attribute images plucked from Flickr to the source of their inspiration.

http://venturebeat.com/2012/05/01/flickr-pin-it-button/

Flickr and Getty also have a deal, so I wonder how it's going to work, if a photographer on flickr who sells to getty also decides to allow pinning of their images.. Getty will eventually go after the pinner, and it will be a mess...

Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

stinger

• View Profile
By my count, Getty's strategy is to seed the market with actionable items it can later pursue.

Call me paranoid, but it wouldn't surprise me if Getty's long term lawsuit planning department didn't come up with the idea for the share button.  They are going to have to do something to make up for the revenue this web site is costing them.

Mulligan

• View Profile
Stinger, you're not paranoid at all. Getty CEO Klein stated in his TechCrunch interview on Thursday, March 22, 2012, that Getty wants their images spread around so mom and pop and son and daughter surfers can become “extremely visually literate.”

Revealingly, Klein also said, "We don't stop consumers from playing with our images" and "We don't stop the proliferation of imagery."

Of course they don't stop it!

Getty Images encourages "the proliferation of imagery" because doing so feeds the extrajudicial business plan that Getty and the creepy copyright trolls at Timothy B. McCormack Law can then use to extract payments from easily frightened people.

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
I found this FAQ page on Flickr about their relationship with Getty images, it is kind of long but some of it was an interesting read.

http://www.flickr.com/help/gettyimages/
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.