Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: New Trolling Tatic?  (Read 2928 times)

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
New Trolling Tatic?
« on: June 19, 2012, 11:56:45 PM »
It looks like we have a new trolling tactic; at least it is the first time I have seen it.  CLG Group troll Mike Meier (good name for a troll) sent a package in the mail to a potential Doe.  The package arrived addressed to the Does real name with a cover sheet saying we are getting ready to file the attached suit but if you want to settle before it goes to court pass it to your attorney or contact us and we’ll discuss it with you.  Along with the cover sheet there is an infringement suit with the Does name on it but no district court listed or case number. Another issue is how Meier got the Does name as it is assumed this is an IP address case and the Doe has received no notification from his ISP of any request for his information. 

http://dietrolldie.com/2012/06/19/copyright-law-group-troll-meier-no-case-settlement-offer/
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
Re: New Trolling Tatic?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 11:25:54 PM »
Interesting posting...
Sounds a bit like Masterfile; they'd send a lawsuit "mockup" with a crappy photocopy of the court seal on it and everything.
I think that they've put all their eggs on one basket for now, though.

S.G.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.