Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Now Illegal to Unlock Your Cell Phone  (Read 3283 times)

Mulligan

• View Profile
Now Illegal to Unlock Your Cell Phone
« on: January 26, 2013, 11:44:21 AM »
Chalk up another victory for lobbyists working for big corporations because now it's illegal to unlock your cell phone according to the story at...

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/now-illegal-unlock-cellphone/story?id=18319518

The way things are going, at some point it will be illegal to visit a restroom without first getting a retinal scan to identify you as well as a rectal search to make sure you're not trying to smuggle illegal substances into a public toilet.

And if you have a wide stance, you really better look out!

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
Re: Now Illegal to Unlock Your Cell Phone
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 12:07:07 PM »
Good find Mulligan and a very interesting article. While I do consider this a step backwards, on the whole over the last year I think we have had more steps forward than back.

Chalk up another victory for lobbyists working for big corporations because now it's illegal to unlock your cell phone according to the story at...

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/now-illegal-unlock-cellphone/story?id=18319518

The way things are going, at some point it will be illegal to visit a restroom without first getting a retinal scan to identify you as well as a rectal search to make sure you're not trying to smuggle illegal substances into a public toilet.

And if you have a wide stance, you really better look out!
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

stinger

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 10:57:04 AM »
This article leads me to believe that in America, our lawmakers are bought and paid for.

Couch_Potato

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 11:50:49 AM »
Here in the UK I think they have something similar.

However if you ask your network provider will always provide the code for unlocking your phone.

I also think that the rule only applies while you are under contract which is usually 12 - 24 months. After that you can completed your obligation to the contract and can then unlock your phone without permission.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.