Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Oscar's Courtroom Strategy Blog  (Read 6448 times)

Mulligan

• View Profile
Oscar's Courtroom Strategy Blog
« on: August 19, 2013, 11:02:09 AM »
I'm a huge fan of Oscar's blog, CourtroomStrategy.com, and I check it every week or two to see the latest topic to go under the knife of Oscar's thinking and experience.

I found the most recent topic -- "What to Do When the Client Wants to Lie" -- particularly fascinating because it thoroughly answers a question about which I've long been curious.

If you want to see a sharp legal mind at work on a topic both interesting and relevant to today's courtrooms, surf over to this link and read the post:

http://www.courtroomstrategy.com/2013/08/what-to-do-when-the-client-wants-to-lie/

Thanks to Oscar for posting regularly on CourtroomStrategy.com. I'm not a lawyer, but I am a writer who appreciates good writing... and Oscar Michelen pens some of the most understandable and intelligent prose about matters of the law that I've ever seen from an attorney, many of whom write as if they're being asphyxiated by long words with Latin roots.

stinger

• View Profile
Re: Oscar's Courtroom Strategy Blog
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 11:48:43 AM »
Good post Mulligan!  Thank you!

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 01:09:58 PM »
I agree with you, I love to read Oscar's blog. You can set it up to email you every new post.
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

lucia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 09:32:15 PM »
Whichever step you choose, have a good strong drink afterwards.
Heh.

Mulligan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 09:39:02 AM »
Having been online almost since the first browser came out, I've gotten pretty savvy over the years regarding what and what not to believe. This is especially true in terms of reviews and review sites.

Well, the review police have been working on the problem of fake reviews, and in Oscar Michelen's latest blog post he informs and comments on the topic with his usual interesting observations at

http://www.courtroomstrategy.com/2013/09/fake-five-star-reviews-on-yelp-lead-to-six-figure-fines/

In the spirit of full disclosure, I should add that I did not receive any compensation for this review of Oscar's latest blog post.

stinger

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 10:19:37 AM »
So does this mean the old adage I grew up with, "Let the buyer beware" will some day be obsolete?

lucia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 09:40:35 AM »
I figure almost no-one writes restaurant reviews after eating out. I've never ever gone to the computer and written a food review after eating out and this is true whether I like the food or not. (Have you? Maybe those who are glued to their smart phones do it? ) This gives restaurants a HUGE incentive to skew results and some will do so.

Jerry Witt (mcfilms)

• View Profile
    • Motion City
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 11:38:49 AM »
I have to admit I have done it a few times. It is usually when it is an exceptionally positive or negative experience. But then, I AM at least semi-glued to my smartphone.
Although I may be a super-genius, I am not a lawyer. So take my scribblings for what they are worth and get a real lawyer for real legal advice. But if you want media and design advice, please visit Motion City at http://motioncity.com.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.