Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Prenda's lawyer loses his license to practice law  (Read 7424 times)

stinger

• View Profile
Re: Prenda's lawyer loses his license to practice law
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 02:23:13 PM »
Hansmeier committed misconduct in the first matter by bringing a lawsuit for the sole purpose of conducting discovery to find the identity of others against whom claims could be made, making misrepresentations to the tribunal, filing articles of termination for a corporation that contained false statements. failing to comply with discovery requests, failing to pay attorney fees assessed against him, and transferring funds out of his law firm in order to avoid paying sanctions. In a second matter, Hansmeier committed misconduct by participating in the initiation of a lawsuit without a basis in law and fact, making false and misleading statements to the court, failing to pay attorney fees assessed against him by the court, and submitting to the court a financial statement that was false, misleading, and deceptive. In a third matter, Hansmeier committed misconduct by bringing a frivolous action for an improper purpose. And in a fourth matter, Hansmeier committed misconduct by testifying falsely during a deposition, bringing a frivolous claim, and perpetrating a fraud upon the court.

Gee, that's a real shame.

I only wish that more Bar Associations and judges will take actions like these to rid the legal field of those who don't deserve the right to practice law. 

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 03:22:21 AM »
The guy also declared bankruptcy to preserve his assets but much of it was pierced by the trustee's lawyers and he was forced to turnover a lot of it to the trustee.
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Engel Nyst

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 04:11:17 PM »

Gee, that's a real shame.

I only wish that more Bar Associations and judges will take actions like these to rid the legal field of those who don't deserve the right to practice law.

Here we are, several more months later, and as I'm sure you know by now, the wheels of justice still turn: after both Steele and Hansmeier were indicted, Steele plead guilty, incriminating Hansmeier even worse.

An unbelievable and really good read, the indictment (heck, this saga really went on for so long!), and Steele's pleading guilty is plainly copying a lot of it, accepting it as feds wrote it.

https://www.popehat.com/2017/03/06/prenda-saga-update-john-steele-pleads-guilty-admits-entire-scheme/

Ken White's ending stuck with me:
The wheels grind slowly, my friends, but they do grind.

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 04:58:13 PM »
Hansmeier is now being investigated for bankruptcy fraud. It looks like his bankruptcy discharge will be reversed given the fraud involved.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20170318/00521636943/things-looking-even-worse-prendas-paul-hansmeier-bankruptcy-fraud-deck.shtml

It is unbelievable reading his story.  I am not sure I could even attempt to get in that much trouble if I wanted to. You heard of compound interest in financial circles?  Well, he is getting compound interest in the legal world.

How many different ways can this guy be stupid? The guy just didn't know when to quit.
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.