Retired Forums > Legal Controversies Forum

Prenda's lawyer loses his license to practice law

(1/1)

Engel Nyst:
Just saw this:

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20160913/17090435512/prendas-paul-hansmeier-loses-his-law-license-wont-be-filing-bogus-ada-lawsuits-now.shtml

stinger:

--- Quote ---Hansmeier committed misconduct in the first matter by bringing a lawsuit for the sole purpose of conducting discovery to find the identity of others against whom claims could be made, making misrepresentations to the tribunal, filing articles of termination for a corporation that contained false statements. failing to comply with discovery requests, failing to pay attorney fees assessed against him, and transferring funds out of his law firm in order to avoid paying sanctions. In a second matter, Hansmeier committed misconduct by participating in the initiation of a lawsuit without a basis in law and fact, making false and misleading statements to the court, failing to pay attorney fees assessed against him by the court, and submitting to the court a financial statement that was false, misleading, and deceptive. In a third matter, Hansmeier committed misconduct by bringing a frivolous action for an improper purpose. And in a fourth matter, Hansmeier committed misconduct by testifying falsely during a deposition, bringing a frivolous claim, and perpetrating a fraud upon the court.
--- End quote ---

Gee, that's a real shame.

I only wish that more Bar Associations and judges will take actions like these to rid the legal field of those who don't deserve the right to practice law. 

Matthew Chan:
The guy also declared bankruptcy to preserve his assets but much of it was pierced by the trustee's lawyers and he was forced to turnover a lot of it to the trustee.

Engel Nyst:

--- Quote from: stinger on September 15, 2016, 02:23:13 PM ---
Gee, that's a real shame.

I only wish that more Bar Associations and judges will take actions like these to rid the legal field of those who don't deserve the right to practice law.

--- End quote ---

Here we are, several more months later, and as I'm sure you know by now, the wheels of justice still turn: after both Steele and Hansmeier were indicted, Steele plead guilty, incriminating Hansmeier even worse.

An unbelievable and really good read, the indictment (heck, this saga really went on for so long!), and Steele's pleading guilty is plainly copying a lot of it, accepting it as feds wrote it.

https://www.popehat.com/2017/03/06/prenda-saga-update-john-steele-pleads-guilty-admits-entire-scheme/

Ken White's ending stuck with me:
The wheels grind slowly, my friends, but they do grind.

Matthew Chan:
Hansmeier is now being investigated for bankruptcy fraud. It looks like his bankruptcy discharge will be reversed given the fraud involved.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20170318/00521636943/things-looking-even-worse-prendas-paul-hansmeier-bankruptcy-fraud-deck.shtml

It is unbelievable reading his story.  I am not sure I could even attempt to get in that much trouble if I wanted to. You heard of compound interest in financial circles?  Well, he is getting compound interest in the legal world.

How many different ways can this guy be stupid? The guy just didn't know when to quit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version