Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Prenda blows sanctions deadline, ordered to pay an extra $1,000 per day  (Read 3103 times)

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
The four lawyers linked to the Prenda Law copyright-trolling organization were slapped with an $81,000 sanctions order, which as of today, they have missed the deadline to pay. They did make time to file a last-minute motion to delay the sanctions, which only got referred back to the judge who's angry at them in the first place: US District Judge Otis Wright.

Today Wright issued an order, predictably, denying the request by the Prenda crew for more time. The order https://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Prenda.order_.164.pdf asks them to explain "why they have contravened the Court's order to pay the attorney's-fee award," which, to be precise, is $81,319.72. It also orders them to pay $1,000 "per day, per person or entity, until this attorney's-fee award is paid or a bond for the same amount is posted... Failure to comply will result in additional sanctions."

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013/05/prenda-blows-sanctions-deadline-ordered-to-pay-an-extra-1000-per-day/
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

stinger

• View Profile
Nice!

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
Awesome,  The courts have been getting tougher and tougher and these trolls.  I see why Getty doesn't like to sue, it could all unravel very quickly if they go after the wrong person who will fight back and show what is going on.

I have a lot of stuff I would give to the legal team if such a person (innocent infringer) were sued. 
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.