Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Rush vs. Rush Limbaugh: Band Demands Radio Host Stop Using Music on Show  (Read 3465 times)

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
As if the increasing number of advertisers pulling out from his show isn't enough trouble, Limbaugh also has been served with a cease-and-desist letter from Rush, the Canadian trio with 24 gold albums whose classic rock staples include "Tom Sawyer" and "The Spirit of Radio." The band demands that Limbaugh stop using their recorded music during his radio show and are threatening the conservative commentator with a lawsuit for copyright and trademark infringement.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/rush-music-vs-rush-limbaugh-297364
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
This will be interesting to see how it ends up.  Radio stations pay fees to the large music distribution agencies like ASCAP, BMI and Soundscape that allows them to play whatever they want and send the royalty payments afterwards.  This can force the artist to accept payment for a "compulsory license."  I think its safer for Rush to simply stop using the music.   

canuck

• View Profile

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.