Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Share Cool Stuff and Make Money  (Read 3138 times)

Mulligan

• View Profile
Share Cool Stuff and Make Money
« on: September 13, 2012, 10:53:36 AM »
There's a WordPress plugin on the market until six p.m. EST today (9/13/2012) that I think raises some complex copyright issues, and I'm hoping some of you can take a few minutes to watch this sales pitch video about this "TrustJacker" plugin:

Using this plugin to frame content (articles) on other sites with an ad the site knows knowing about seems legally dangerous to me. What do you think?

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Re: Share Cool Stuff and Make Money
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 11:22:02 AM »
SCAM! destined t be an epic fail.. can't speak to the copyright issues, mainly because it would depend on how the content is framed, by the name of it alone, it's cause for concern..
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

lucia

• View Profile
Re: Share Cool Stuff and Make Money
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 10:56:10 PM »
It will work for a few people for a little while. But then what...

Suppose I have twitter followers, I use that plugin and start dropping links. Pretty soon my followers are going to get pissed off when they learn that they are arriving at a framed page and will be presented a pop-up after click.

But also: To the extent this catches on, site owners are going to start using framebusters routinely.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.