Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Troll Seeks Protection Order from Anti-Troll Sites  (Read 3190 times)

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
Troll Seeks Protection Order from Anti-Troll Sites
« on: August 28, 2012, 11:05:38 PM »
I came across an interesting article over on www.dietrolldie.com where it copyright troll asked the judge for protective order as he is aware of anti-troll sites, their blogs and harassment against him and his employees for filing suits. Here is a snippet of the article followed by a link to the full article.

5.    Plaintiff has good cause for a protective order because if this information is provided to the public, Plaintiff, its employees and affiliates will be subject to annoyance, embarrassment, oppression, or undue burden and expense pursuant to Fed. R. Civ. P. 26(c).  Plaintiff is aware of anti-copyright blogs and websites that follow cases by Plaintiff and disseminate defense strategies and other information. Often these blogs and websites encourage individuals to harass Plaintiff, its employees and affiliates in order to discourage Plaintiff from filing suits against individuals that have infringed its copyrights. Several of Plaintiff’s counsel have received death threats and other harassing letters and emails. Plaintiff has a legitimate fear that if the information of its employees and affiliates is provided and disseminated to the public, Plaintiff, its employees and affiliates will be susceptible to similar threats and experience annoyance, embarrassment and harassment.

http://dietrolldie.com/2012/08/28/why-we-fight-copyright-trolls-troll-kotzker-wants-a-protective-order-112-cv-00886/
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

meontheweb

• View Profile
Re: Troll Seeks Protection Order from Anti-Troll Sites
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 11:58:04 PM »
That's a great article, I read it and the comments to it.  It is unbelievable that lawyers -- who should be upholding the law, and protecting free speech are the ones that want to shutter it!  I hope that no judge would grant them their request.  If it wasn't for websites like this and many others, many of us (myself included) probably would have agreed to pay whatever was asked of us and chalked it up to a learning experience.

I really got a chuckle out of the highlighted points!

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
Re: Troll Seeks Protection Order from Anti-Troll Sites
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 10:40:09 PM »
I agree, and I got a good chuckle when I found the article as well. If you think about it the trolls have really been taking a beating lately not only in decisions and rulings but also in countersuits being filed.
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.