Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Copyright extortionist lawyers whining about websites  (Read 6145 times)

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
Copyright extortionist lawyers whining about websites
« on: September 03, 2012, 08:49:23 PM »
Boo hoo.

Copyright extortionist lawyers complaining about fightcopyrighttrolls.com and dietrolldie.com coverage.  Gee, are the big, bad lawyers threatened by 2 little websites?

http://dietrolldie.com/2012/08/28/why-we-fight-copyright-trolls-troll-kotzker-wants-a-protective-order-112-cv-00886/
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
Re: Copyright extortionist lawyers whining about websites
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 11:47:32 PM »
Interesting post.  Yeah, people are getting educated, and the trolls are making less money.
If the lawyers have legitimate cases, and their clients have legitimate damages, they'll have nothing to worry about.
But discussion and information about the issues are here to stay.

S.G.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.