Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Judge Wright Calls P2P Lawsuits an Extortion Scheme  (Read 6592 times)

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
Judge Wright Calls P2P Lawsuits an Extortion Scheme
« on: July 06, 2012, 08:52:43 PM »
In this article from the website FightCopyrightTrolls.Com Judge Wright actually calls copyright troll Leemore Kushner and her P2P Malibu Media lawsuits an extortion scheme. ;D ;D ;D  Hopefully the more the courts call out these trolls on what they are doing the fewer cases will actually be brought and extortion letter victims will be able to tells these trolls to pound sand and drop dead without fear of legal action.

I realize that the percentage of actual cases are very few but people like Judge Wright calling the trolls out on what they are doing will reduse the number even more.

http://fightcopyrighttrolls.com/2012/07/04/judge-wright-is-so-right-copyright-trolling-is-essentially-an-extortion-scheme/

Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Re: Judge Wright Calls P2P Lawsuits an Extortion Scheme
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 09:46:46 AM »
I firmly believe , this is one reason why Getty hardly ever files suit, not only do they have weak cases, they are also afraid of getting called out..without filing suit, they can continue to fly under the radar and send out letters. As we all know a certain percentage of recipients, get freaked and pay, thus keeping the trolling machine alive.

In this article from the website FightCopyrightTrolls.Com Judge Wright actually calls copyright troll Leemore Kushner and her P2P Malibu Media lawsuits an extortion scheme. ;D ;D ;D  Hopefully the more the courts call out these trolls on what they are doing the fewer cases will actually be brought and extortion letter victims will be able to tells these trolls to pound sand and drop dead without fear of legal action.

I realize that the percentage of actual cases are very few but people like Judge Wright calling the trolls out on what they are doing will reduse the number even more.

http://fightcopyrighttrolls.com/2012/07/04/judge-wright-is-so-right-copyright-trolling-is-essentially-an-extortion-scheme/
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
Re: Judge Wright Calls P2P Lawsuits an Extortion Scheme
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 11:56:32 AM »
Agreed Bob, but it may also help us in the long run in fighting Getty. If in their letters they continue to threaten legal actions and have Timmy send out letters threatening lawsuits but never follow through on it, in my mind that's classic extortion. It seems to me that if they continue to make threats but never follow through on them, that is something that should be added to complaint letters sent to the attorney general's office (which by the way I did include in my letter )and used to our advantage in fighting Getty.

That's just my thoughts on the matter and I look forward to hearing the opinions of the rest on the matter.

I firmly believe , this is one reason why Getty hardly ever files suit, not only do they have weak cases, they are also afraid of getting called out..without filing suit, they can continue to fly under the radar and send out letters. As we all know a certain percentage of recipients, get freaked and pay, thus keeping the trolling machine alive.

Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.