Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: More and more people are fighting back!  (Read 4921 times)

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
More and more people are fighting back!
« on: July 22, 2012, 11:10:22 PM »
I found this article tonight on fightcopyrighttrolls.com and thought it encouraging. The first part of the article shows several cases where one person or a small group of people can fight back and significantly hurt the copyright trolls.

The last half of the article is talking about an individual caught up in the Malibu media lawsuits and not only responded by saying he was innocent but is also suing Malibu media and their copyright troll for $1 million and as an added twist in the suit demands that Malibu media and their troll take out ads in the paper proclaiming the victims innocence. Below is a snippet of the article and you can follow the link to the full article.

A month ago we noticed that in one of the Malibu cases run by a super-troll Keith Lipscomb’s puppet Aaron Kotzker, there was a defendant who not only answered to the complaint, declining the wrongdoing, but also included a one million dollar counterclaim. We cheered the defendant, Jeff Fantails, but it was not clear at that time if his claim was convincing enough to be potentially successful. Yesterday, after I read the First Amended Answer and Counterclaim, my doubts evaporated.

http://fightcopyrighttrolls.com/2012/07/20/in-a-well-prepared-and-mighty-counter-attack-malibu-media-v-fantalis-case-turns-into-fantalis-v-malibu-media/

I hope that the trend we are seeing in the last couple of months of what appears to be an anti-troll uprising by way of a flurry of class-action and countersuits continues. With the trolls weakened by recent court rulings, sanctions and spankings now seems to be an excellent time to strike back and make the trolls rethink their operations, strategies and business models.
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

stinger

• View Profile
Re: More and more people are fighting back!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 11:08:29 AM »
Nice find Greg!

A $1,000,000.00 judgement against any troll should give all trolls cause for concern.  I know which side I am rooting for.

Moe Hacken

• We have not yet begun to hack
    • View Profile
Re: More and more people are fighting back!
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 05:38:36 PM »
The counterclaim is a beautiful thing. I love the section titled "The Business Model of 'The Copyright Trolls'."

This is exactly what we want — for Federal Judges to see the trolling activity in a court of law and rule on its validity, setting case precedents that will help moderate future trolling attempts and help shape better copyright law.

The US Copyright Office will surely be taking these legal actions into account for future reform, including the Orphan Works Amendment that's in the works, so to speak.
I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.