Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Verizon Determined to Expose BitTorrent Copyright Trolls  (Read 5987 times)

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Verizon Determined to Expose BitTorrent Copyright Trolls
« on: December 12, 2012, 11:54:40 AM »
Verizon is seeking information from copyright “troll” organizations. A group of adult movie companies sued Verizon claiming that the ISP had ignored court orders and was not turning over subscriber information in a timely fashion. The companies sought to find Verizon in contempt of court and compel the company to respond to their subpoenas.

Verizon, however, is hitting back with a request for discovery against the companies, seeking information about who runs them and how they operate. The ISP has long grown weary of copyright “troll” lawsuits, which generally work by filing a single lawsuit against thousands of “John Doe” defendants to obtain a subpoena, against the alleged sharers’ ISPs, for their personal information. With that information in hand, the plaintiffs usually drop the original lawsuit and seek settlements with the suspected sharers.

http://torrentfreak.com/verizon-determined-to-expose-bittorrent-copyright-trolls-121211/
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

stinger

• View Profile
Re: Verizon Determined to Expose BitTorrent Copyright Trolls
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 08:49:11 AM »
Way to go, Verizon!

That's not something a guy like me expects from a company the size of Verizon.

Nice move standing with your customers instead of taking the easy way out.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.