Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: George Riddick III Imageline  (Read 9504 times)

riddickvictim2

• View Profile
George Riddick III Imageline
« on: February 25, 2009, 09:35:39 AM »
George Riddick III CEO Imageline
This gent is doing the very same thing.  A growing network of Riddick victims are assembling and documenting threats and extortion tactics.  An amazing number of small businesses have already fallen victim and have paid out large "settlements" and even turned over their small businesses to him.

Crafty

• View Profile
Re: George Riddick III Imageline
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 10:33:42 AM »
Thanks for your reply on my post (below).  What really bothers me is that as people settle, they are funding his future lawsuits against those who do not settle.  If or when he decides to sue.  

Where can I find this network of other victims?  Would they be willing to use this forum?  Would that be okay with the site owner?  

Pat

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 12:10:29 PM »
If you fax or email us the documentation of the letters they are sending, we are happy to look into it and start documenting it.  Oscar and I have observed that there is a growing phenomenon of this extortion letter campaign being used by other companies.  For example, we have begun documenting MasterFile's approach.  From what I have been told, they are much more credible in their claims but also more reasonable in their dealings then Getty Images.

People may use this discussion forum to discuss other companies that engage in similar Settlement Demand Extortion Letter techniques.

MatthewC

Crafty Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Where can I find this network of other victims?
> Would they be willing to use this forum?  Would
> that be okay with the site owner?  
>
> Pat
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 12:11:59 PM »
If you forward information to us, we would be happy to start investigating this.

Matthew

riddickvictim2 Wrote:
> George Riddick III CEO Imageline
> This gent is doing the very same thing.  A growing
> network of Riddick victims are assembling and
> documenting threats and extortion tactics.  An
> amazing number of small businesses have already
> fallen victim and have paid out large
> "settlements" and even turned over their small
> businesses to him.
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

riddickvictim2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 01:17:56 PM »
Crafty:
The "network" chooses to remain anonymous at this time.  Search on Google.  If you work at it, you will make contact.  Beware of his aliases which you can also find by searching Google.  Be thurough.

Crafty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 02:47:21 PM »
Victim2  

Thank you. I will do that.  Please DO forward anything you can to Oscar so we can get something started with him representing us.  

Thanks.

Pat

Designer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 02:55:05 PM »
My goodness! He sure is a busy fellow! I am an embroidery designer and have been investigating this clone for several weeks. My first reaction was fear... now I'm just ticked off at his audacity... hutzpah, if you will.

Crafty - I know of several embroidery business owners who have received 'the letter' (and sometimes MANY of them). The network is growing very quickly. I will be pointing those I know about to this forum.

Designer

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 03:03:13 PM »
We would very much like to see photocopies or scanned copies of these letters.  We would also like to see any actual emails he has sent.  We can anonymize anything that is being sent to us.  The way to self-protect is to expose the information publicly in an orderly way.

Matthew

Designer Wrote:
>
> Crafty - I know of several embroidery business
> owners who have received 'the letter' (and
> sometimes MANY of them). The network is growing
> very quickly. I will be pointing those I know
> about to this forum.
>
> Designer

Designer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 03:11:09 PM »
Thank you Matthew. I have written to you via email and will await your response. :)

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 07:51:13 PM »
This guy is much worse and even way more off line than Getty. Matt and I are preparing  a major post on his efforts. Bottom line is DON'T SETTLE. Gather the information, we will extend our letter program to him as well. after I review everything i will put up a summary on the issue the way we did with Getty.  Thanks for alerting Matt and me to this issue

Crafty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 12:06:00 PM »
Oscar -

Thank you for jumping in on this problem.  I feel like I have been a victim of attempted extrotion, or at least harrassment or fraud.   Would the FBI become involved in stopping him from these activities?  

And is a class action suit possible against him?   It would be nice if we could pool our resources in paying for fees needed and then share in dividing his assets after the lawyer fees are paid.  

Thank you so much!

Pat

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.