Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Imageline sues H.P. Development  (Read 8819 times)

stevep

• View Profile
Imageline sues H.P. Development
« on: January 11, 2011, 12:35:29 PM »
In a case filed last week in Federal Court in California, Imageline is now suing Hewlett Packard Development Company for allegedly infringing on 10 clip art images.

Riddick's alleged 1996 images of common-place objects and those allegedly used by H.P. are similar but not the same - nothing new for those who follow Imageline and Riddick as they try to make a buck in America's courts.

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
Re: Imageline sues H.P. Development
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 02:26:12 PM »
If HP is smart, they will have their legal team do a Google search. They will consequently find Bernina. And if HP decided to countersue as Bernina did, it could put a world of hurt on Riddick.

However, HP might consider this a nuisance suit.  It will be interesting to see how HP responds to this.

MatthewC
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 05:20:09 PM »
I am sure that the monster firm HP will employ will find out all there is to know about Riddick including where he buys his underwear from.

stevep

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 03:27:24 PM »
This is interesting. HP has a trademark and website known as Logoworks.
http://www.logoworks.com/

Looks like Riddick and Imageline may have infringed on that trademark a while back:
http://www.imageline2.com/index0909C.htm

Here is the public whois detail for logoworks2.com:
 Administrative Contact:
      Paine, George  griddick@baymasters.com  (Paine is Riddick's middle name)
      Islandview Technologies
      PO Box 6246
      Ashland, Virginia 23005
      United States
      (804) 640-5876  

Wonder if HP is aware of this?

YetAnotherRiddickVictim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 03:27:19 AM »
@Steve - I've been pointing this fact out for a while, even before he sued HP. He demands respect for his IP, but doesn't respect the IP of others. And as he refuses to believe anyone else's claim of innocent infringement, I wouldn't think he's entitled to make that claim with a straight face.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.