Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Is it time to retire this Riddick forum?  (Read 20251 times)

YetAnotherRiddickVictim

• View Profile
Is it time to retire this Riddick forum?
« on: November 27, 2012, 07:47:29 PM »
Every once in a while I check back to see if there's any news. But it seems he's dropped off the face of the earth. No more ranting comments on various articles, no one coming here asking for advice, no press releases, looks like his site's gone... I don't think he's dead, but he seems to have given up, at least for the time being.

Anyone have any concrete info?

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Re: Is it time to retire this Riddick forum?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 07:55:05 PM »
I don't, but I haven't poked around either...seems there is no shortage of trolling douche-bags..when one goes away another appears.
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 11:09:10 PM »
I consider the Riddick Forum as evidence of ELI's early battles against someone who grossly used and abused the extortion system. Riddick put Getty Images to shame with his insane and crazed tactics.

There probably will never be much here to update. But for people who are bored and want to look at where ELI has been, this forum can be some fun reading.
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Mulligan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 10:13:42 AM »
Matt, I found the Riddick forum fascinating reading during my two days of saturation reading of everything last year after receiving my Getty letter, so I think you're correct to leave it online even though it doesn't see any action anymore.

Of course, at my age, I don't see a lot of action any more, either, but I'm still interesting...

Right? Isn't that right?

Oh God, the silence is deafening. :)

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 12:37:04 PM »
I think the Riddick forum can be retired but it is a testament to another important principle - be careful who you choose to litigate against.  Riddick was flying high until he picked on Bernina.  The digital image industry was rolling along, getting favorable meetings and letters from the Copyright Office, until a photographer named Muench went rogue and sued publishing giant Houghton- Mufflin.  Masterfile went after Chaga who has a viable business and did not lie down.     

stevep

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 11:53:38 AM »
This is a good historical record. I hope you will leave it up for a while yet.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.