Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Just received a Riddick letter  (Read 6190 times)

stevep

• View Profile
Just received a Riddick letter
« on: December 13, 2009, 07:26:51 AM »
I had the honor of receiving a Riddick letter this week. He wants the name of our attorney and says "Whether you knew you were infringing when you first used unauthorized copyright-registered and protected works belonging exclusively to Imageline, Inc. or not, you are liable for copyright infringement under the laws of the United States and Canada."

New to us. We have never heard of him before this, and he doesn't even indicate what images are alleged to be his.

I also see that he has filed several federal lawsuits against companies selling his images. We don't sell images.

Anyone else received such a letter recently?

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
Re: Just received a Riddick letter
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 07:28:34 PM »
Hey Steve:

Yes, many folks out there have received this new Riddick letter. I currently represent three business sued by Imageline in litigation apparently funded by the SIAA that's named in Riddick's letter.  Riddick owns copyright to clip art apparently.  Since he likely regularly monitors this site, I won't say much more.  You can reach me at my email address for more info: xxx
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 11:45:13 PM by Matthew Chan »

stevep

• View Profile
Re: Just received a Riddick letter
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 07:21:12 AM »
Thanks Oscar. I emailed you a copy of the letter and await your reply.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.