Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: New Videos in the works!  (Read 7375 times)

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
New Videos in the works!
« on: August 21, 2010, 12:52:25 PM »
Hello All,

I have a small announcement to make.  In the weeks to come, I will be producing and posting some new videos on various questions and issues that have been posted or emailed to me specifically regarding Getty Images, Masterfile, and the Riddick situation.

They will be editorial videos and should NOT to be construed as any kind of advice whatsoever.  The best "official" advice I can give is to contact attorney Oscar Michelen for assistance.  But for the more sophisticated reader/fighter, you may be interested in some of the comments I make which go beyond the legal realm.

The best example I can give is that I do take full credit for creating a strategy and hence this website for fighting back.  Anyone who only does "legal think" (with no offense to Oscar or any other respected attorney), would not necessarily endorse or condone what I have done. In fact, many attorneys feel this approach of opening up information is too risky and reveals too much information. Nevertheless, the underlying concept is that it harnesses the power of groups and masses in the fight. Additionally, it attracts "like-minded" folks.  Hence, all of us have the good fortune for Attorney Oscar Michelen to lend his name, mind, and resources to the fight. Another point is that I "went public" by posting my real name for all to see. With my business background and credentials, I saw it as a credibility-building asset.

I am not saying this to be boastful. I am trying to make some important points that I think people need to understand in fighting and defending yourself. I think many of you will be interested in learning more of the strategies that goes behind this website and larger fight at hand.

There is more to fighting and defending yourself than this website than most people see.  I will finally take the time to reveal more information that might be instrumental in helping you not just in your case but in life in general.  Learning to fight and defend yourself outside of the legal system can be a very important skill.

MatthewC
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
Re: New Videos in the works!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 01:22:27 PM »
Matthew, I'm looking forward to this.  Thanks very much for your efforts!!

S.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.