Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Riddick's Respect For The IP of Others  (Read 8314 times)

YetAnotherRiddickVictim

• View Profile
Riddick's Respect For The IP of Others
« on: August 21, 2010, 04:24:50 AM »
Some people on the Riddick forum have pointed out that he's 3 months from his "coming soon" message being a full year out of date. Others may have noted that he let the registration on imageline2.com lapse for weeks, during which time the site was offline.

Something I have not seen noted, the "more" link on the front page of imageline2.com. it's in light-colored letters in the upper left corner of the body content. It leads to... http://imageline2.com/index0909C.htm

Basically, here Riddick outlines 5 business initiatives he was planning to unveil last fall. The fourth initiative he calls "LogoWorks DYOL". The name sounded familiar, so I ran LogoWorks through TESS, the trademark search engine at uspto.gov. "LogoWorks" is a trademark of Hewlett Packard and the way in which Riddick claims he is going to use it seems to me to be a clear and blatant violation of that trademark.

Also, regarding the coming soon... when he first contacted me in 2008, he had that coming soon message up and it was out of date. For a while he'd update it every time it got a month or three out of date. Now it just seems he's given up.

riddickvictim2

• View Profile
Re: Riddick's Respect For The IP of Others
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 06:49:14 AM »
The Internet is littered with his failed business ideas.  MPAC (domain squatting), LogoWorks (domain squatting with outdated clipart), Islandview, Copyright Code Red and all the rest.  He appears incapable of an original idea.  

There is a long well documented trail of Mr. Riddicks false and inflammatory statements on blogs, and long winded, arrogant, often incoherent ramblings on news articles.  Mr. Riddick truly believes that the government and everyone else for that matter, owes him a monopoly simply because Imageline couldn't adapt to the marketplace.

Move on, George.  Leave the rest of us alone.

riddickvictim2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 06:59:46 AM »
Mr. Riddick somehow always manages to anger readers with his book-length comments throughout the web.  The resulting replies are often entertaining.  This is one of my many favorites...

Chris Wellons 3/3/09 10:30 am
Hey, George Riddick, stop being a moron and learn how to use “robots.txt” sometime, so you can stop all your childish whining. Having one will keep all the search engines from indexing your precious 1990’s clipart.
Get with the times. The robot exclusion standard has been around for 15 years now. You have no excuse to complain about anything. (Hey, maybe you just like throwing temper tantrums.)

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 05:29:04 PM »
I hope that we are near the end of the RIddick problem with this Bernina lawsuit Keeping my fingers crossed!

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 07:35:05 PM »
Amen to that.

Oscar Michelen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I hope that we are near the end of the RIddick
> problem with this Bernina lawsuit Keeping my
> fingers crossed!
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.