Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Riddick and Imageline sued in Federal Court  (Read 55930 times)

stevep

• View Profile
Re: Riddick and Imageline sued in Federal Court
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2010, 01:04:15 PM »
Here's an interesting Federal Court document that explains that Riddick cannot represent his company himself without an attorney, unless he is one. Now THAT is funny...
http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/illinois/ilndce/1:2010cv04917/246135/14/

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2010, 02:57:16 PM »
I have posted the latest set of court documents regarding the Bernina vs. Riddick/Imageline case for our community.  (Look for the bright yellow box) This was a big update and lots of educational reading.

These documents come from our anonymous supporters and contributors. Thank you for sharing this with us.

It does not paint Riddick in a very professional light and clearly puts him in the defense mode.
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2010, 12:40:41 PM »
Yes!!  Thanks very much to those who have submitted these documents regarding Bernina vs Riddick, and for extortionletterinfo.com for kindly posting them.  These documents are indeed educational for anyone who may be caught up in copyright/licensing issues now or in the future.  They really shine a light on the motivations, tactics and attitudes of the major players, and especially the workings of law/courts as it relates to these issues.  

I also like that many of the documents are in actual "text", and not just a snapshot of the pages; search engines can index the text.  Will extortionletterinfo.com become the foremost authority on George P. Riddick?  I hope so.  I just checked Google.  Type in "George Riddick".  "George Riddick, III is an Ass!" comes up at the top of the list; Riddick's "Imageline" is listed at number seven.

I'm sure that many are curious about the man (Riddick), who is regarded by most to be the poster boy for over-the-top extortion tactics.  To me, it seems that it was his intention to "control" and "lead" the proceedings.  The judge is really in control, however; he's seen it all before.  This is a situation that illustrates why lawyers are a valuable asset.  In court proceedings, the average person usually cannot effectively make a sound argument as to how a law or court precedent supports their case.  It is especially so when one is under pressure.

S.

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2010, 01:17:32 PM »
SoylentGreen,

Some of these documents I posted are quite large and I may be looking for an alternative place to co-host them so our hosting company doesn't have to take all the hits.

Thanks for supporting us and our efforts. But I am sure you don't mind if I say that Oscar and I have no desire to make a name for ourselves based on Riddick's ongoing antics!  :-) It's sort of like making a name for yourself as the people who has the largest inventory of spoiled fish!

Maybe the Bernina case will resolve itself quickly and Riddick will go away.  But, then again, it might not happen.
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2010, 04:39:12 PM »
Of course, you are 100 percent correct!!  I appreciate that kind of professionalism.

I shouldn't have used your site in my example.  I only meant to highlight that we don't see Imageline at the top of the search listings saying "Provider of Fine Quality Images Since XXXX".

The court documents will carry a lot of weight, since there will be a lot of facts in them, not just opinion...

S.

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2010, 10:09:51 PM »
SG,

I have not made an official announcement but take a look at this link.

http://scribd.com/extortionletterinfo

Google likes this site and will index this content.

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2010, 11:13:52 PM »
Matthew,

This is pretty amazing.
What a great way to present documents; thanks for this!!

S.

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2010, 11:34:11 PM »
Love it Matt

riddickvictim2

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2010, 02:11:02 PM »
Can't wait to see the latest court transcripts.

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2010, 12:14:43 AM »
The case got adjourned again, he still has no lawyer representing his company

stevep

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2010, 08:33:19 AM »
Riddick still has apparently not been able to find an attorney, according to court records. Riddick filed an inappropriate response and was told to correct it by month-end. Bernina filed a motion for default judgement and permanent injunction last week, as Riddick cannot represent his companies without an attorney and those companies have therefore not responded in the case at all. There is a status conference scheduled for tomorrow in front of the judge.

It is clear from the court transcripts that the judge is growing weary of Riddick's unprofessional responses. At one point the judge said, "You seem to think you can thumb your nose at the processes of the Court."

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2010, 08:51:34 AM »
His dilemma is that a corporation cannot appear pro se and apparently he cannot afford or find a lawyer to appear for the company.  The default seems likely and then he will also lose personally because he has no leg to stand on.

riddickvictim2

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2010, 10:03:03 AM »
Thank you, stevep and Mr. Michelen for the updates.  As a victim, it is healing to read the transcripts as justice is meted out to this arrogant criminal by a well seasoned judge.  Is there a chance that the recent and ongoing court transcripts will be posted here?

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2010, 11:34:47 PM »
Yes, I have been receiving file updates but since maintaining this site is a volunteer and non-paying job, it has secondary priority. I squeeze in updates when I find moments to spare.

MatthewC

riddickvictim2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank you, stevep and Mr. Michelen for the
> updates.  As a victim, it is healing to read the
> transcripts as justice is meted out to this
> arrogant criminal by a well seasoned judge.  Is
> there a chance that the recent and ongoing court
> transcripts will be posted here?

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2010, 11:38:22 PM »
Adding to what Oscar wrote, there is a high likelihood that Riddick's corporations are shell companies with little or no assets. Hence, there is very little worth protecting.  Not that I am taking up for Riddick but I wouldn't spend much money defending a shell or worthless corporation.  It is easier to simply dissolve the corporation and start another.

MatthewC

Oscar Michelen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> His dilemma is that a corporation cannot appear
> pro se and apparently he cannot afford or find a
> lawyer to appear for the company.  The default
> seems likely and then he will also lose personally
> because he has no leg to stand on.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.