Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: What George Riddick (Imageline) really wants ...  (Read 6333 times)

AnotherRiddickVictim

What George Riddick (Imageline) really wants ...
« on: March 03, 2009, 09:14:53 AM »
This is my experience with George Riddick. It gives valuable insight to methods he uses, and ways in which he operates.

First of all, he is not only targeting the embroidary industry ... he is also heavily targeting the graphics industry - e.g vector graphics, clip art, animations etc. My website belongs to this graphics category.

First - some brief background on my site.

I have a freeware archive site with graphics that I have collected and innocently believe to be public domain. I offer these for free download on my site. I have some google ads on my site - but get little money from them, just enough to cover hosting each month. what I'm saying essentially, is that I'm small time (financially speaking).

Enter the infamous George Riddick.

He sends me an email straight away talking about lawyers, me owing him money, damages, "flagrant copyright violations", etc.

I reply to him: "oh, ok sorry. I didnt know that some of the graphics owned on my site are owned by you. Just tell me which ones they are and I will immediately and permanantly remove them from my site". I'm thinking at this point, that this should resolve the matter - right!?

We are dealing with Riddick here, so of course that did NOT resolve the matter.

Riddick refuses to answer the part of my email requesting that he identify those images he alleges are copyright to him. Without this information I have no way of identifying and removing any offending images. His letters only contain more and more desperate, angry and obnoxious threats. In each letter, i ask him to identify the images. Each time he ignores these requests, and demands money/settlement/legal details, my name and contact info, etc..

We must of exchanged 5 or 6 emails like this before I wised up. I realise that he doesnt want to resolve the matter about me removing his alleged copyrighted images from his site .... no - he's not really interested in that.

******* What he IS interested in, is (possible) settlement money. $$$

Money. Money. Money. $$$

So anyway, Ive kept all my emails from him - especially the ones that show that I have tried to resolve the matter by requesting he identify them. In my part of the world, as long as you remove alleged offending copyright stuff as soon as its brought to your attention (and it is an honest mistake), then you (rightfully so, in my mind) have no legal case to answer.

I think that he realised that he wasnt getting anywhere with me, and I havent heard from him in several months now. Good riddance to Riddick.

I encourage others to hold their ground against such bullying tactics, and not give in to his idle threats.

Jeez ... the things I would love to say about this "gentleman" ... but I wont - I will hold my tongue !!!!

He is finally being exposed for the "nasty little man" that he truly is.

I wonder how men such as Riddick sleep at night?

datarecovery

Re: What George Riddick (Imageline) really wants ...
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 08:54:00 AM »
George Riddick of Imageline is a man on a mission - to sue as many people as he can for alleged copyright violations.
Regards
recover data
http://www.datadoctor.biz

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
Re: What George Riddick (Imageline) really wants ...
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 06:20:21 PM »
I don't what  you mean since he rarely sues but thanks for  the post anyway

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.