Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Gibson remains CEO of Righthaven, appeals to continue  (Read 7993 times)

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Gibson remains CEO of Righthaven, appeals to continue
« on: November 01, 2012, 09:58:52 AM »
The Righthaven LLC copyright lawsuit saga will continue indefinitely after a judge on Wednesday blocked efforts to have Righthaven's CEO fired and its appeals canceled.

http://www.vegasinc.com/news/2012/oct/31/gibson-remains-ceo-righthaven-appeals-continue/
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
Re: Gibson remains CEO of Righthaven, appeals to continue
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 04:19:25 PM »
Interesting posting.

It's troubling that Gibson is keeping this going.
Plaintiff Righthaven is in bankruptcy, meaning that any defendant that prevails wouldn't be able to collect any damages from Righthaven.
Gibson's allegedly funding Righthaven's continued efforts.  Does that mean that Gibson should personally be held responsible for court losses by Rightaven?
Certainly something to consider.  Unless Righthaven's actually being secretly funded by Stephen's media.

One could ask what value lies in keeping Righthaven and its trolling efforts afloat.
Maybe Gibson is one of those people that can't stand to lose no matter what.
But, it's just as likely that Righthaven's menacing reputation might be useful for future trolling efforts.
The prospect of paying huge legal fees above and beyond what Righthaven originally demanded (even when one is in the right) is enough to scare anyone.

S.G.

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 04:27:41 PM »
I think his ego will not allow him to admit defeat...plain and simple..welcome back you've been missed!
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 09:32:11 PM »
Nice to see you back SG! 

Interesting posting.

It's troubling that Gibson is keeping this going.
Plaintiff Righthaven is in bankruptcy, meaning that any defendant that prevails wouldn't be able to collect any damages from Righthaven.
Gibson's allegedly funding Righthaven's continued efforts.  Does that mean that Gibson should personally be held responsible for court losses by Rightaven?
Certainly something to consider.  Unless Righthaven's actually being secretly funded by Stephen's media.

One could ask what value lies in keeping Righthaven and its trolling efforts afloat.
Maybe Gibson is one of those people that can't stand to lose no matter what.
But, it's just as likely that Righthaven's menacing reputation might be useful for future trolling efforts.
The prospect of paying huge legal fees above and beyond what Righthaven originally demanded (even when one is in the right) is enough to scare anyone.

S.G.
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 12:42:00 PM »
Thanks for the kind words, guys!

So, if Gibson/Righthaven should prevail in an appeal, then the monies should go to Righthaven's creditors, right?
That is, the people that they sued and lost to in the past...  lol.

S.G.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.