Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: ighthaven Loses Track Of Its Many Cases; Discovers Four Days Late That It Missed  (Read 2517 times)

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Righthaven, which already has a history of late filings with the court, using questionable excuses, seems to be working extra hard to make any story about the company appear to be a farce. The latest is that Righthaven's lawyer, Shawn Mangano, just discovered on Monday (October 31st) that the deadline for filing the opening briefs in the Hoehn case, one of its many appeals of cases it has lost, was October 27th. He claims that the court misled him on the phone concerning the timing, though that seems questionable:
Righthaven’s counsel originally requested a telephonic 14-day extension of time to file its opening brief in this matter on October 27, but was advised that its opening brief was not due under November 28, 2011. Upon further inquiry, it appears that the opening brief deadline provided was for an associated appeal in this action concerning an award of attorneys’ fees and costs (Case No. 11-16995). Righthaven discovered this apparent misunderstanding today, October 31, 2011, which is one business day following the October 28, 2011 filing deadline for its opening brief.

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20111101/02044916578/righthaven-loses-track-its-many-cases-discovers-four-days-late-that-it-missed-deadline-appeal.shtml

Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.