Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Interesting Article - "Righthaven hit with class-action counterclaim"  (Read 3353 times)

Snoopy

FYI - there is an interesting article about a counterclaim aimed squarely at Righthaven:

http://www.vegasinc.com/news/2011/may/17/righthaven-hit-class-action-counterclaim/

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
Thanks for the great information!!

Let's hope that these schemes end as soon as possible.

S.G.

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
I haven't done a good job posting new links on Righthaven here. I have mostly done it on the Facebook feeds. So thanks for the help.

As I have been saying, people involved with any of the Stock Photo extortion letters need to follow the Righthaven cases. In many ways, it should empower the letter recipient.  A lawsuit can actually be detrimental for the party suing if the privilege is abused.

And there is no doubt that Righthaven and Stephens Media are trying to game the legal system and copyright laws.

Matthew
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.