Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Righthaven catches a break in court  (Read 3103 times)

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Righthaven catches a break in court
« on: September 29, 2011, 02:32:38 PM »
Copyright lawsuit filer Righthaven LLC of Las Vegas finally received a break on Wednesday when a judge rejected requests that it be found in contempt of court, be placed in receivership and that U.S. Marshals seize its assets.

All these requests were made by attorneys for Righthaven defendant Wayne Hoehn after Righthaven failed to pay his $34,045 in legal fees by a Sept. 14 deadline.

The fees were ordered to be paid after Hoehn prevailed against Righthaven in one of its copyright infringement lawsuits.

Righthaven is appealing the rulings dismissing its lawsuit and awarding the fees to Hoehn.

U.S. District Judge Philip Pro on Wednesday wrote in an order that "plaintiff does not enjoy a reasonable probability of success on the merits of its appeal."

http://www.vegasinc.com/news/2011/sep/28/righthaven-catches-break-court/
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
Re: Righthaven catches a break in court
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 08:27:53 PM »
Interesting development.

Some have suggested that Righthaven was "designed" to go bankrupt in the event that the business didn't go as planned.
I've heard that this is illegal (for one company to create another to commit certain acts, then "disappear"), but I'm not sure of the actual statute.

One commenter said, "Bankruptcy might not discharge what appear to be intentional, willful, and malicious acts 11 U.S.C. 523(a)(6). This is where the Righthaven "business plan" and the pontifications by principals in Righthaven can come back to bite hard."

as posted here:

http://www.vegasinc.com/news/2011/sep/27/judge-righthaven-lacked-standing-abused-copyright-/allcomments/

S.G.

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Re: Righthaven catches a break in court
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 08:33:56 PM »
Would not surprise me one bit, that if RH goes under, some of these defendants start knocking on MediaNews Group, and Stephens Medias doors.. I really hope in the end , that these decisions ahve an effect on the rest of the trolls...wait and see I guess
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.