Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Somehow I knew The Righthaven case would come to this!  (Read 5417 times)

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Somehow I knew The Righthaven case would come to this!
« on: April 11, 2012, 05:34:30 PM »
Since Copyright troll Steve Gibson, Righthavens head honcho, doesn't appear to be paying up..

Review-Journal owner facing $774,000 fee demand in Righthaven case

Attorneys say the owner of the Las Vegas Review-Journal should be required to pay $774,683 in legal fees for what critics call a failed ''shakedown'' copyright infringement lawsuit that threatened the free speech rights of a political website.

The attorneys represent the Democratic Underground, a website that defeated Righthaven LLC, the R-J’s copyright enforcement partner, in one of Righthaven’s copyright infringement lawsuits.

If attorneys for the Democratic Underground have their way, the family of Arkansas investment banking billionaire Warren Stephens will be paying their fees for two reasons:

• They say the Stephens company that owns the R-J, Stephens Media LLC, used Righthaven as a tool to prosecute a frivolous copyright lawsuit against the Democratic Underground.

• Even after the Stephens family invested in Righthaven, Righthaven apparently is now broke and can’t or won’t pay creditors’ claims. That would leave Stephens Media on the hook for all of the fees in the Democratic Underground case under the theory it and Righthaven are jointly and severally liable.

http://www.vegasinc.com/news/2012/apr/11/review-journal-owner-facing-774000-fee-demand-righ/
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
Re: Somehow I knew The Righthaven case would come to this!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 11:09:25 PM »
Great post.  It's about time that victims demanded accountability.
I hope that they get somewhere with this.  I'd like to see this discourage others from inventing trolling schemes.

S.G.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.