Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Another UK Getty Letter - Sign the Petition - Change the Law - Stop th Extortion  (Read 5664 times)

GoGetter

• View Profile
I received a letter (Getter) for a infringement on my commercial blog dating back from 2011. The image in question I had sourced in 2001 and was modified. After reading the through the forum I can see it is a minefield but seems the burden of proof is on getty - for example they may have not had license when I acquired the 'LOL' type image over 10 years ago. It has no visible watermark other than from the site I acquired it from. Which is just some guys BLOG.

In a way I would be happy to pay a nominal sum, but not the £800 they ask for. Additionally by paying I don't want to set a precedent for other claims they might want to make against me.

NEVER have I been to GETTY and taken an image.. this is the problem with a lack of good education and this GETTY Spamigation entrapment model. I have over the last 24 hours taken down my entire web portfolio. I need some discussion regarding retrospective claims. In my mind I imagine the PICTSCOUT (or whatever they call it) to have built a HUGE cache that they will process until the end of time.

I expect to see a LOT more life in this UK section over the coming 12 months. Unfortunately

Certainly if you are in the UK please sign this petition in order that the law might get changed. THE PROBLEM is that the UK GOVERNMENT will likely get a revenue share / certainly from GETTY corporation tax.. so their interest is keeping this running. Sign here http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/35814

lily

• View Profile
signed!

justme123

• View Profile
I agree 100% with your statement "  THE PROBLEM is that the UK GOVERNMENT will likely get a revenue share  ". The Government always make off these hence why I don't vote, until a real Government step in with some morals then these scams will always go on. Shame, but continue to spread the word where possible as the more people that know the sooner people will automatically take no notice.

Couch_Potato

• View Profile
I wouldn't be so sure the UK Government gets a share. The letter I've seen although from Getty based in the UK here is to pay their international account owned by Getty in Ireland. It will avoid any UK Corporation tax.

Getty probably doesn't create that many jobs here either.

The problem isn't that politicians side with Getty. It's that they don't give a shit.

GoGetter

• View Profile
i suspect you are right couch//./ they will probably start giving a shit when their wives, sisters, brothers, friends or neighbours get slapped...

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.