Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Anyone used the services and support from copyrightinfringment.org??  (Read 4569 times)

Per Hoglund

• View Profile
First of all a big thanks to everyone for posting and sharing your experiences.
I have small scale business teaching Yoga and found a simple picture of a cat to illustrate balance.
As far as I understood it was not copyright:ed but Getty now wants +£900 for it..

I am going to write them back but was wondering if anyone here have used or heard of "copyrightinfringment.org"??
They say their lawyer can write a letter on your behalf and that so far no one they've helped has heard back from Getty or at least been taken to court..?

Very grateful for any advice or tips.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 05:24:14 PM by Per Hoglund »

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
Re: Anyone used the services and support from copyrightinfringment.org??
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 05:26:42 PM »
From what you said I would not negotiate with them. I would send them a letter providing a screen capture from the other site selling the image along with a link and state that in light of this information in less you provide a copy of the signed contract giving you exclusive rights from the artist, proof that the image is registered properly and full sales history of the image justifying the price demanded (none of which Getty will provide to you) then you consider this matter closed and any further contact will be deemed harassment and reported to the appropriate authorities. Do not make the last statement in less you are willing to go through with filing the complaints.

Please keep us posted as to how you proceed and your results.

First of all a big thanks to everyone for posting and sharing your experiences.
I have small scale business teaching Yoga and found a simple picture of a cat to illustrate balance.
As far as I understood it was not copyright:ed but Getty now wants +£900 for it..

Question 1.
I have found another seller on the net offering the picture for £81 for 1 year (DK images)
So it seems to me that Getty does not have EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS to the picture but I am not sure what this means for me? Am I in a better position to negotiate??

Question 2.
Has anyone here used or heard of "copyrightinfringment.org"?? They say their lawyer can write a letter on your behalf and that so far no one they've helped has heard back from Getty or at least been taken to court..?

Very grateful for any advice or tips.
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Per Hoglund

• View Profile
Re: Anyone used the services and support from copyrightinfringment.org??
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 05:32:32 PM »
Thanks Greg!
I didn't expect such a quick and helpful reply!!
Your advice makes a lot of sense.
I will definitely keep you posted how this develops.
Regards/
Per

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.