Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Are you sure Atradius are not licensed?  (Read 9389 times)

cptKernow

• View Profile
Are you sure Atradius are not licensed?
« on: October 18, 2015, 07:28:32 AM »
I've seen a lot of info stating that Atradius Collections Ltd are not licensed to collect debts. However, a little searching lead me here:
https://register.fca.org.uk/shpo_searchresultspage?search=atradius

This seems to suggest they do have some sort of license.

I think there are other reasons for questioning the legitimacy of Atradius' claims. For example I don't see how they could bring legal action to recover debts without a judgement to back it up. Plus Atradius won't be the ones to take you to court for infringement as only the copyright owner or exclusive license owner (Getty) can do this.

stinger

• View Profile
Re: Are you sure Atradius are not licensed?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 09:57:09 AM »
FYI, in most cases, Getty is NOT the exclusive license holder.

cptKernow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 10:11:30 AM »
FYI, in most cases, Getty is NOT the exclusive license holder.

Useful to know. I was tempted to contact the photographer direct as I think any normal human would not be demanding payment in this instance.

However, I would be interested in any further info about Atradius' credit license which is often cited as a reason you can ignore them.

cocker92

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 12:34:00 PM »
Evening,  interesting to see this post as we got a email from atradius on friday, stating they're working on behalf of getty. All correspondence from getty and now atradius has been from email. Can't they afford to send letters?
How serious do we take these letters, I'm unsure. Feeling sick with all the hassle!

cocker92

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 08:22:50 AM »
thanx for your reply codeman. having returned home im able to llok into this a bit more now, however the 2 initial letters we received from getty were actually emails, not letters. also the letter from atradius is also an email to dear sir/madam not an actual letter. the worst bit because its over 12 moinths now my friend who owns the business cant retrieve the 2 initial letters.

so im now thinking......what emails ? ;)
should i bother replying to atradius email and explain we have no idea what theyre refering too, or just leave that too?

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 08:53:07 AM »
See that's the thing with emails, they ( the trolls) have no way of knowing if the correct party or anyone for that matter received hem. If it were me I would not respond, doing so only validates your email address, and gives them cause to harass you further.
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.